I am working with a Christian Faith based charity in their search for an HR policy specialist to support them in revamping their people policies with an emphasis on being more inclusive to support a diverse workforce.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Working with the People Team on delivering a strategic review and revision of all people policies, including shaping, streamlining, adapting new or revising existing policies.
• Actively engaging with Global Business Partners on the development of policies and associated documents to ensure they reflect the charities global requirements.
• Engagement and consultation with stakeholders on policy development , in particular with the Equality and Diversity Lead.
• Maintaining a thorough understanding of policy issues through effective business engagement.
• People team briefed in advance of implementation to allow for process reviews. Work closely with the People Officers and Senior Advisors to ensure effective implementation of policies, commissioning technical and system changes, including, as required training and upskilling programmes.
• Carrying out Equality Impact Assessments on all new and amended policies.
• Commissioning and preparing high quality briefings, submissions on behalf of the People Policy team.
• Delivering stand-alone project work as requested; particularly focussed on Policy matters and transactional processes, preparing high quality briefings to ensure thorough understanding of changes.
• Able to make sound decisions on when to alter work and transactional processes, linked to People Policies.
This role is being offered on a month 6 month FTC paying £45k pro rata and the ideal candidate will be immediately available.
The client is happy for someone to work remotely or on a hybrid basis.