I am seeking an experienced interim Project Accountant for one of my key London based not for profit clients for an 8 month assignment, starting ASAP!
The Project Accountant will work with the rest of the finance team and the service delivery teams to ensure proper accounting, monitoring and financial reporting for a specific grant programme. This will include setting up and designing financial monitoring systems and processes for any new projects, maintaining those which are already set up, working closely with the inhouse project team, the Lead, and other external partners and stakeholders including Clinic Commissioning Groups to ensure the successful management of the project budget and funding.
You will lead on the production of monthly detailed reporting to the Lead Partner of the programme, and will have a key role in ensuring the collection and propriety of the expenditure evidence required by the funder, as well as having a key role in helping develop a budget for any such bids for further funding.
You will also be expected to work on the project finances and accountability for other service areas as required. This aspect of the work will include working across service, fundraising and finance colleagues to ensure development and implementation of best practice.
Part qualified as a minimum, you will be able to demonstrate at interview:
- Relevant project accounting experience.
- Business partnering experience: experience reviewing management accounts; using your project accounting experience alongside variance analysis to identify areas of concern in project accounts, and liaising with project management to help decide the financial and operational actions required.
- Experience of identifying accounting errors, and preparing and processing corrective journals
- Experience working on European (EC) grants including familiarity with EC eligibility rules and reporting tools.
- Charity or grant funded not-for-profit sector experience, including controlling and reconciling grant income and expenditure accounts.
- Experience of providing training to finance and non-finance staff on complex financial topics.
- Knowledge of the issues and context of charity-specific project accounting, for instance full cost recovery, restricted and unrestricted fund accounting, and the treatment of VAT for charities
Please send an updated CV, together with an indication of your salary expectations for this fixed term contract and any notice period to Lara Knights.