About the school
Bayes Business School (formerly Cass) is among the small group of business schools with an established reputation for excellence in both business research and education. Bayes holds the "triple-crown" accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS). The school and its programmes are consistently ranked among the best in the world.
Bayes is also known for its attention to the education agenda. It has accreditations from AMBA, EQUIS and AACSB. It is ranked as the 3rd in London by FT European Business School Ranking - 2020; the 1st in value for money MBA in London by FT Global MBA Ranking - 2021; the 3rd globally for Corporate Strategy by FT Global MBA Ranking - 2021 and the 1st in the UK for Entrepreneurship by Poets and Quants World's Best MBA Programmes for Entrepreneurship - 2021. In addition, Bayes has been ranked in the top 10 globally for its MBA corporate strategy teaching 8 times in the last 10 years by the Financial Times.
Bayes is not complacent about its achievements. On the contrary, we will be seeking significantly to develop our research and education and, critically, our engagement with practice. We are conscious that business schools are experiencing disruption in how research is undertaken and disseminated, how education is delivered and what is expected by business and society from a business school.
About the department/team
Bayes Business School is among the global elite of business schools as is renowned world-wide for its extensive portfolio of programmes including the Full-time MBA, Global MBA, Evening EMBA, Modular EMBA and Dubai EMBA.
The MBA Programmes Office is responsible for the design, delivery, and development of the suite of MBA programmes and the selection and admission of students. The department has over 20 people in two different teams: Recruitment & Admissions and Programme Management.
The MBA Admissions & Recruitment team seek to attract and enrol the best quality candidates across sectors and geographies to its portfolio of MBA programmes.
This post plays an integral part of the MBA Recruitment & Admissions team and is responsible for meeting the School's targets for the recruitment of high calibre international students for our MBA programmes. The post holder will hold joint responsibility for the Full-time MBA programme but will be expected to support the other MBA programmes within the portfolio as and when appropriate.
To work as a proactive part of the Recruitment & Admissions team by managing recruitment processes and activities and support admissions activities. There will be some evening/weekend work in addition to international travel.
- Lead the design and development of global and regional recruitment strategies with leads, applicants and offer holders to increase conversion for the Full-time MBA in collaboration with the other Full-time MBA Recruitment Manager
- Design, implement and manage the recruitment process and support the admissions process with the Admissions team to ensure quality, satisfaction and financial targets are met
- Achieve annual student intake targets, in terms of both quantity, quality and diversity
- Provide a high level of customer service to enquirers, offer quality advice and guidance on the admissions process to applicants, emphasise key school and programme differentiators and manage unrealistic expectations
- Promote and manage CV feedback, provide 1-2-1 advice and guidance to candidates around career aspirations from the MBA Programmes to aid conversion
- Use the School CRM system (Salesforce) to correctly identify and cultivate appropriate candidates for all MBA programmes
- Coordinate and implement all aspects of the Full-time MBA marketing and recruitment activities
- Coordinate all recruitment efforts with MBA Recruitment Managers across other programmes where appropriate
- Demonstrable experience in university/business school admissions, recruitment consultancy, business development or consultative sales
- Experience working in an international environment and an appreciation of cultural issues
- Prior experience working in a busy customer orientated environment
- Strong understanding of customer journey, experience of delivering student recruitment activities in higher education ideally within an international context
- Highly developed written and oral communication and presentation skills, including use of digital and social media for business purposes
- Good IT skills and experience of using Salesforce with the ability to produce reports based on understanding and manipulating complex statistical data
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, customer services and interpersonal abilities both in person and by phone, with high professionalism
- A team player who is decisive, action oriented and analytical
- Organisational skills with a strong aptitude for time management, ability to prioritise demanding workloads and meet deadlines in a pressurised environment
- Ability to work flexible hours as required in the UK including early morning, evenings and weekends
- Ability to undertake business-related travel within the UK and overseas on an unrestricted basis