External Comms Manager
Work for a Central Government organisation as an External Communications Manager (FTC 6 months, fully remote & part time 3 days a week)
As the External Communications Manager, you will help to deliver a highly effective external communications function for the organisation that informs stakeholders and the media of all key developments and activities, raising awareness engagement and commitment to achieving the organisations goals.
What we look for
- With the Chief Staff Officer develop an external communications strategy and implementation plans addressing how the organisation will raise its profile with external stakeholders and ensure stakeholders have appropriate knowledge and awareness and commitment to the organisations vision.
- Proactively build networks and relationships with communications experts externally across all key stakeholders to ensure alignment of approach and activities where relevant, and to build on the experience and expertise of others.
- Develop positive relationships with the media, leading on all media interest/enquiries proactively and taking every opportunity to promote the work of the organisation within external media outlets.
- Create impactful media/press notices and stay abreast of global news agendas ensuring the Executive Team are kept appropriately informed of trends and issues as reported in the media.
What we offer
- Fixed term contract - 6 months
- Salary: £47,123 per annum inclusive of London Weighting
- Part time, 3 days per week (can be flexible on the days)
- Can be fully remote