About Morley College London
Established in 1889, and with our roots stretching back even further, Morley College London is one of the country's oldest and largest specialist providers of adult education. We provide long-term, sustainable and affordable programmes of lifelong learning across three centres – North Kensington, Chelsea and Waterloo – including 16-19 provision at North Kensington and Chelsea.
As one of only nine Specialist Designated Institutions (SDIs) in the UK, we serve more than 17,000 students through a coherent, student-centred course offer, underpinned by our mission to empower individuals and strengthen communities through education in Arts, Culture and Applied Sciences. Whether studying for personal development and well-being, to gain essential skills (English, Maths, IT), to access higher education, or for career development or change, our vision is for ambitions to be inspired and achieved through learning.
Following Morley College’s merger with Kensington and Chelsea College in February 2020, the College is reshaping its curriculum and professional service teams to facilitate an ambitious plan for development and growth. As the UK looks to a post-COVID recovery, Morley College London is more determined than ever before to support Londoners to learn, and so we’re looking for applications from talented individuals with energy and enthusiasm.
About the role
It’s an exciting time to join Morley’s People Operations Team. We are transforming from a traditional HR services function to People Operations, enabling our colleagues to deliver our vision of being a leading London college where learning together excites ambition and enables achievement.
As part of that transformation, we need two experienced Interim HR Advisors to support and promote the improvement of performance and effectiveness of the College through people centered, human resource management practices.
You will be providing managers and colleagues with comprehensive, accurate and customer focused HR support across all areas of Human Resource Management, including employee relations, recruitment and staff development including:
- Handle ER casework including leading sickness absence, disciplinary and grievance issues, up to and including dismissal and appeal level.
- Supporting recruitment activity for the area, ensuring compliance with the college and regulatory procedure and effective use of all tools available.
- Working with People Operations managers to refine and improve our processes and ensure the effective use of our Access HRIS system
- Providing advice and training on HR policy and procedure, and supporting the development and implementation of new policies as required.
- Assisting with HR project activity, including supporting the implementation of change plans including redundancy processes through to appeal stage.
- Playing a key role in maintaining and monitoring the data on the HRIS system as well as generating reports for Senior Management and supporting the payroll administration process.
You should hold a Level 5 CIPD Diploma and possess up to date knowledge and understanding of HR best practice with a good understanding of employment law. Experience of using Access, the College’s HRIS System.
You must possess a high level of accuracy and attention to detail, as well as excellent communication, numerical and inter-personal skills. It is also essential that you are well organised and able to prioritise and schedule your work to meet key deadlines.
Benefits of working for Morley College London
The College offers a number of benefits to its staff including:
Benefits to support your wellbeing:
- Generous holiday entitlement of at least 30 days annual leave plus bank holidays, with a pro-rata entitlement for part time staff. (Holiday entitlement is dependent on type of contract)
- Access to College facilities including a subsidised refectory, staff room, library and access to a programme of exhibitions, performances and lectures that take place throughout the year.
- A range of family friendly policies and procedures.
- Access to an online Wellbeing Centre providing a host of resources to support your physical, mental and financial wellbeing.
- An Employee Assistance Programme that provides access to 24h confidential counselling to support yourself and immediate family.
Benefits to support you financially
- Access to defined benefits contributory pension scheme (Local Government Pension Scheme).
- A 75% staff discount on Morley courses.
- Access to hundreds of retail discounts from supermarkets and high street retailers both in store and online.
- Access to discounted rates to shops, businesses and services in the local area.
- Interest free season ticket loans.
- Interest free loans to purchase a bicycle and equipment to cycle to work. We also offer the “Cycle to Work” Scheme which is a scheme which allows you to “hire” a bike from the College and pay back through your salary to make tax savings of 32% or 42%.
- Free access to Microsoft Office software for home use, and discounted rates on other software.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please see the information below.
How to Apply
Closing date: 5pm, Monday 11 October 2021
Interviews taking place on: 18 October 2021
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.