Purpose of the role
Support the Programme Managers in the delivery of a portfolio of grant programmes to charities and organisations. The role may also be asked to manage low value/risk programmes as part of a defined developmental pathway.
- Provide day-to-day support to three or four grant programme managers as required, this may include completion of due diligence, maintaining grant records, monitoring the grant programme email boxes and communication with applicants.
- Compliance with all funding contract/grant agreement conditions regulations and guidance, including ensuring full GDPR compliance.
- Support Programme Managers with pilot projects/programmes to evaluate demand, impact, value for money, process improvement etc. attending project meetings as required.
- Provide support to the Programme Managers on the design and development of new grant programmes.
- Subject to experience, manage a small discrete grants programme(s).
- Undertake any other reasonable management request, including duties as can be reasonably expected to ensure the smooth running and efficiency of the Motability Grant Programme Team.
Qualifications, Training, Professional Memberships or Accreditations
- Programme, project or grant management experience/training.
- A levels/applicable HND or equivalent.
The successful candidate will be required to complete an induction schedule developed to fit their role profile.
Approach and timescale will be discussed once in post.
Experience and Track Record
- Previous grants, project or programme support experience.
- Experience working in a grant providing charity.
- Previous exposure to mobility challenges.
- Experience of the disability sector (including hidden disabilities).
Capabilities Profile – Technical Skills/Knowledge
- Strong IT skills.
- Knowledge of programme management and grant funding.
- Experience of using CRM.
Capabilities Profile – Leadership, Management or Personal Skills/Knowledge
- A passion to make a difference for our beneficiaries.
- A strong and demonstrable commitment to Diversity and Inclusion.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Well organised, with strong time management/prioritisation capabilities.
- Strong team player, able to work across multiple disciplines with both internal and external stakeholders.
Reports to: Impact Grants Programme Manager, Charitable Operations, Motability.
- Grant applicants/beneficiaries.
- Multiple internal and external stakeholders as required.
Resources, scale and scope of role, location and any travel factors:
- The role is based In Harlow, Essex at Motability’s offices. Some travel may be required for training and offsite meetings.
- A blended working arrangement may factor in the role, to be agreed with the Head of Grant Programmes and Director Charitable Operations.
⭐️ WHAT MOTABILITY CAN OFFER YOU ⭐️
A career with Motability can offer you so much more than earning potential. We pride ourselves in offering some fantastic benefits and a culture to match, some of which includes;
Holiday – 26 Days + 8 Bank Holidays, increasing to 28 days after 5 years’ service
❤️ Health and Wellbeing – We offer private health care with BUPA alongside an Employee Assistance Programme, eye tests, flu vaccinations, enhanced sick pay and discounted corporate gym membership. We take your physical AND Mental Health seriously, with our dedicated mental health first aiders you will have support and understanding from your colleagues.
Family Friendly – We offer enhanced Parental Leave inclusive of Adoption Pay and we understand that families require flexibility, we provide time off for dependants, flexible working hours and the option to work from home. Life Assurance is 4 x your salary.
Diversity and Inclusion - We value everyone’s unique qualities and celebrate having a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels safe to be their authentic selves, no matter their age, ethnicity, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, neurodiversity or otherwise. This is embedded in to our values and we celebrate our differences and create awareness throughout the year.
Celebrating Success – We love to recognise people that go above and beyond with our Spotlight Award as well as having team celebrations and social events throughout the year.
☕️ Our culture - In the Motability office we “dress for our day”, it’s an incredibly welcoming and inclusive environment where we look to support your career, we offer a mini bus service from Harlow Town centre and station for those using public transport to reach us and there are plenty of free hot beverages for when you arrive.
Pension – Up to 15%, inclusive of a 10% non-contributory addition and Motability matching your contributions up to 5%
We are a disability confident employer, feel free to make us aware of any reasonable adjustments you might need.
Due to the number of applications we will only contact those candidates who are successful.