Established in 1876, Mothers’ Union is a Christian organisation that has been supporting families for over 140 years. We have over 4 million members worldwide, 55,000 of whom in Britain and Ireland. As a Christian Charity, we aim to demonstrate faith in action through the transformation of communities worldwide. Our members work at grassroots level around the world bringing hope and practical support to at least a million people every year through our programmes and as part of the volunteer base of local churches.
Job Purpose and Objectives
- To lead on innovative fundraising campaigns and exciting new fundraising product development across the Mothers' Union movement.
- To support and develop defined supporter journeys that enhance and grow relationships.
- To secure new corporate relationships to develop a corporate portfolio with a view to long-term corporate support, supported by the Head of Fundraising, Communications and Membership.
Individual Fundraising (80%):
- Co-ordinate all Appeals to achieve annual targets and KPIs.
- Managing an expenditure budget of £100k to deliver agreed income targets.
- Line manage the Fundraising Officer and the development of donor relationships.
- Supplier and agency management; maintain efficient and good relationships with partner agencies to ensure maximum value for Mothers’ Union.
- Negotiate contracts with agencies to maximise value for Mothers’ Union.
- Report on campaign performance on a monthly basis and to continuously monitor performance against agreed financial and non-financial KPIs.
- Responsible for ensuring Mothers’ Union’s direct marketing activity is in line with compliance and best practice as per ICO, IOF and the Fundraising Regulator.
- Responsible for monitoring agency compliance; to ensure that our internal controls for monitoring agency compliance are adhered to in order to ensure donor satisfaction and to mitigate against reputational and financial risk to the Charity.
- Responsible for delivery of new fundraising products for appeals
- Sustain the development of our Legacy Programme for members and supporters across the UK.
- Undertake Prospect research for potential corporate partnerships that would link into existing Mothers’ Union appeals, campaigns and events.
- Develop and deliver creative pitches to secure corporate support against KPI’s and targets.
- Account manage, report to and steward all corporate partnerships meeting agreed income targets and track and sharing updates on process on a monthly basis.
- Develop a range of approaches, products and materials that support corporate fundraising activity.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of project managing fundraising or marketing campaigns through a wide range of media, within a Charity, agency or commercial environment.
- Thorough understanding of how fundraising techniques can be used to recruit and retain supporters (individual/corporate) in order to maximize their lifetime value.
- A track record of effective income generation from individuals and Corporates
- Excellent creative writing skills with a proven ability to write promotional materials, including fundraising copy and correspondence to organisations and individuals at all levels.
- Attention to detail and ability to conduct work accurately and consistently in keeping with high professional standards.
- Effective interpersonal skills - ability to engage with a wide range of people both through written and verbal communication.
- Experience of managing staff.
- High level of computer literacy including experience of using website content management systems and a good understanding of databases and their use in marketing effectively to donors and members.
- Excellent user of MS Office particularly using Excel for data analysis.
- Excellent administrative and project management skills – an ability to effectively manage workload and meet set deadlines.
- Excellent negotiation skills and ability to confidently liaise with people.
- Highly numerate with experience of maintaining budget reporting systems and reporting on targets set.
- A willingness to work outside of office hours and to undertake work outside of office hours that may mean working at various venues around the UK & Ireland that may require an overnight stay.
- An organised and flexible approach to work, able to work within a changing organisation and respond quickly to changes and/or information as requested.
- An understanding of the core values of Mothers’ Union and passion for our work.
- Educated to A’ level or equivalent or possess a higher degree.
- A recognised qualification in Fundraising or Marketing would be highly advantageous.
- The responsibilities in this post may be adapted or changed in line with the needs of Mothers’ Union. Other duties may be added or requested as a result.
- The responsibilities outlined are not an exhaustive list of tasks and the post holder may be asked to undertake other reasonable duties in connection with the work of the team.
- The responsibilities in this post will require the post holder to work within a team and cross functionally with other teams to achieve the objectives.
- A broad sympathy with the Christian faith.
This role is primarily based at our head office in Central London. Mothers’ Union is currently operating a hybrid working pattern (during times when working from home rules are relaxed) where staff are required to work a minimum two days from office. However, there will be occasions where staff will need to work from office for more than the 2 day minimum due to operational requirements at certain times.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply by sending your CV and a Cover Letter via CharityJob.
The Cover Letter should clearly outline how your skills match the main responsibilities of the role.
The closing date for applications is 10th February 2022. Due to the number of applications we receive, we may not be able to individually respond to each applicant. If we do not get in touch with you within 4 weeks from the application deadline, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this position.
Mothers’ Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.