Established in 1876, Mothers’ Union is a Christian organisation that has been supporting families for over 140 years. We have over 4 million members worldwide, 55,000 of whom in Britain and Ireland. As a Christian Charity, we aim to demonstrate faith in action through the transformation of communities worldwide. Our members work at grassroots level around the world bringing hope and practical support to at least a million people every year through our programmes and as part of the volunteer base of local churches.
Aim of the Job:
To manage the Database Officer and deliver an excellent customer service experience for both membership and fundraising. Lead on the production of all data selections and exports. Manage the Charity’s membership/supporter database Open engage/Advanced to ensure our members and donors are communicated in an appropriate and timely way, ensuring the Charity remains GDPR compliant at all times.
This role will be an 18 Month Fixed Term Contract (FTC), with the potential of transitioning into a more senior Database Manager position.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead on data exports and selections to support membership and fundraising engagement.
- To work in conjunction with the Individual Giving Manager and Head of Fundraising, Communications and Retail to produce a detailed process plans to support the member and donor stewardship programme.
- Coordinate and/or implement training on the use of the CRM for team members and volunteer Database Officers across the UK.
- Administer Open Engage/Advanced to ensure that the users are provided with the appropriate rights of access and all updates and integrations are up to date.
- To manage the functionality of other internal systems such as the Website Directory (Bespoke CRM portal), Just Giving, web payments, etc.
- To work with the Individual Giving Manager on the analytics to identify patterns & trends in supporter behavior, utilizing a range of income platforms, including our CRM Open Engage/Advanced.
- To assist external contractors in reviewing the CRM Data Architecture and procurement of a new CRM.
- Guiding and instructing the Database Officer on CRM related tasks and help shape their outputs and performance.
- To manage the processing of Fundraising and central membership income.
- To be responsible for the accuracy and quality of all membership data, including running regular monthly reports and validation tools.
- Work with the Head of Finance and Services to ensure we are GDPR compliant in all areas related to the teams work.
- To provide routine management reports as required.
Other Duties and Responsibilities
Any other reasonable duties as directed by Head of Fundraising, Communications and Retail.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Computer literate – Microsoft packages, CRM system.
- Working knowledge of database languages such as SQL / PHP / R / C / Python.
- Experience in working in a busy fundraising environment.
- Line managerial experience.
- Understanding and working knowledge of the function of a membership/fundraising database.
- Ability to support and enhance membership/fundraising activities.
- Highly organised with ability to prioritise workload.
- Outstanding attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate with people at all organisational levels.
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical approach to problem solving
- Good team player.
- Educated to A’ level or equivalent or possess a higher degree.
- A recognised qualification in Database Management would be highly advantageous.
- The responsibilities in this post may be adapted or changed in line with the needs of Mothers’ Union. Other duties may be added or requested as a result.
- The responsibilities outlined are not an exhaustive list of tasks and the post holder may be asked to undertake other reasonable duties in connection with the work of the team.
- The responsibilities in this post will require the post holder to work within a team and cross functionally with other teams to achieve the objectives.
- A broad sympathy with the Christian faith.
This role is primarily based at our head office in Central London. Mothers’ Union is currently operating a hybrid working pattern (during times when working from home rules are relaxed) where staff are required to work a minimum two days from office. However, there will be occasions where staff will need to work from office for more than the 2 day minimum due to operational requirements at certain times.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this position, please apply by sending your CV and a Cover Letter via CharityJob.
The Cover Letter should clearly outline how your skills match the main responsibilities of the role.
The closing date for applications is 13th February 2022. Due to the number of applications we receive, we may not be able to individually respond to each applicant. If we do not get in touch with you within 4 weeks from the application deadline, then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this position.
Mothers’ Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to create an inclusive environment for all employees.