mothers2mothers (m2m) is an Africa-based NGO that unlocks the potential of women to eliminate paediatric AIDS and create healthy families across ten sub-Saharan African countries. m2m trains, employs, and helps empower women living with HIV to work as community healthcare workers in understaffed health centres and underserved communities. Through a peer-to-peer approach, these ‘Mentor Mothers’ deliver a range of health services, advice, and support to women and their families. Started in Cape Town, South Africa in 2001 with an initial focus on preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV, m2m has innovated and built on its strengths and now provides family-centred support for a range of related health and social issues spanning pregnancy, birth, childhood, and adolescence. It also partners with governments and other NGOs on the adoption of its programme to spread the Mentor Mother Model and its benefits. m2m has a track record of scaling its services and proven impact. To date, m2m has reached over 11M women and children under two, and created more than 11,000 jobs for African women living with HIV.
The Team Assistant is responsible for supporting the mothers2mothers (m2m) UK office (London) with financial processing support and office administration. This will be an integral role in a small, dedicated team.
This role reports into the Executive Assistant to the Global Development & Strategic Engagement Director (GDSED), with a dotted line to the UK Finance Manager.
Key Performance Areas:
Please note – weightings of these KPAs may vary, depending on organisational needs at certain times throughout the year.
- Process day to day payments for the UK entity (supplier invoices/ staff expenses and petty cash), including raising purchase requisition approval forms
- Process income data received via the bank and all payment platforms on Salesforce (CRM system) and Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Financial System)
- Liaise with fundraising team and external suppliers to resolve queries.
- Conduct new suppliers checks
- Act as the initial main point of contact for visitors (both internal and external) to the UK office, representing m2m appropriately and professionally
- Coordinate internal and external meeting room bookings
- Create and circulate agendas for team meetings
- Support senior team members with occasional meeting creation, e.g. interview scheduling
- Monitor and order ongoing office supplies (e.g. stationery, printing, tea/coffee)
- Obtain quotes for ad hoc business expenditure as required
- Liaise with external suppliers to ensure continual supply of services (e.g. telephone, internet, cleaning)
- Support the Executive Assistant with planning wider team activities
- Obtaining quotations for flights, accommodation, etc. and making travel arrangements for UK employees (excluding the GDSED)
- Liaise with the IT team in Cape Town, facilitating UK-based IT needs
Qualification and Experience:
- Educated to degree level or with equivalent vocational experience in a relevant field
- At least one year working experience in a relevant role
- Experience with research and data-entry tasks
- Strong data capture skills
- Experience working with financial systems
- Proven track record of working in a ‘hands on’ role
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes
- Experience of working in a similar sized organisation
- Experience of working with Microsoft Dynamics Nav
- Experience of working with Salesforce (CRM system)
- Charity experience preferable
- Passion for and commitment to the mission and goals of mothers2mothers
- Highly organised and adept at managing multiple concurrent activities
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure, plan and prioritise work effectively and meet deadlines
- Ability to liaise effectively and build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Discretion and a proven ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Comfortable working in a small office with a “roll-up-your-sleeves” environment
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people. Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
Job Type: Full-time
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.