Reporting directly to the CEO, this position forms part of the SMT with responsibility for a small, creative team to support long term growth.
Location: Bristol with flexibile working
Motivation is an international development organisation, focused on transforming the lives of disabled people around the world. It’s both a charity and a social enterprise, focused on making the biggest impact possible and influencing systems change, alongside delivery and support. They work closely with country teams, policy makers and partners, advocating for the rights of disabled people and empowering them to stay healthy, access education/employment, and participate in their communities.
It’s an organisation that packs a punch, focused on long-term sustainability and adaptability to achieve the greatest impact. They push barriers when it comes to product and design, developing cost-effective and suitable solutions that allow for greater inclusion and support. This includes exciting and innovative partnership work with the likes of the International Paralympic Committee to design low-cost sports wheelchairs and open up the world of sport to thousands of people worldwide.
The Head of Partnerships & Philanthropy is a key role for Motivation, playing an active role in the Senior Management Team as the organisational lead for fundraising. As such, we’re looking for an experienced fundraiser with a passion for creating a more inclusive world for disabled people. As Head of Partnerships and Philanthropy you’ll be an ambitious and passionate fundraising leader, with a track record of securing sustainable income from a range of sources, including partnerships and HNWIs.
As Head of Partnerships & Philanthropy you will:
- Have overall responsibility for developing a global fundraising strategy, with a long term focus on growth and alignment to organisational ambitions;
- Act as an active member of SMT, working collaboratively with peers to share leadership responsibility;
- Work closely with key stakeholders and trustees to maximise network opportunities and increase funding support for Motivation;
- Line manage a small and creative team, developing their broader skills whilst embedding a culture of collaborative fundraising across the organisation;
- Remain hands on, directing the development of a sustainable and diverse portfolio of funding opportunities to maximise income growth from varied sources (specifically individuals, major donors, corporates, trusts and foundations)
The role would best suit:
- An individual with expertise of high value fundraising and a demonstrable track record of securing long term, committed support from donors and partners;
- Someone with strategy development expertise, keen to lead a small and creative team to deliver a global fundraising strategy that supports organisational aims;
- An ambitious fundraiser with a creative mindset and the passion to come up with new ideas and funding opportunities;
- A credible and inspiring leader, able to develop the team to adopt an agile and adaptable approach to fundraising to ensure that income generation continues to change and evolve alongside the external environment.
The deadline for applications is Friday 4 February. Please get in touch for further details.