We are entering an exciting period of change and are looking for a dynamic, committed and innovative Area Support Co-ordinator to join our regional team in the Hampshire & Isle of Wight region.
Salary: c. £31,000 plus benefits + lease car
Location: Home based in the Hampshire & Isle of Wight
Hours: Full-time 37 hours per week
Contract Type: Permanent
New Year-New challenge!
At the MND Association we improve care and support for people with MND, their families and carers whilst working towards our vision of a world free from MND.
The main purpose of the role is threefold:
- To ensure that people affected by MND are supported and empowered
- To lead, manage and support teams of volunteers
- To develop and maintain relationships with local services and their staff
Reporting direct to the Head of Region and working closely with them to plan and prioritise you will be responsible for a designated local area and be part of a larger regional team.
You will be:
- Someone who is able to plan and organise
- Enthusiastic, creative and solutions focused
- Adept at developing and managing a wide range of relationships
- A great team player, people person and communicator
- Able to travel within the area and occasionally work some antisocial hours
We are less interested in who you have worked for than what you have done and how that experience would transfer to this role.
How to apply?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, please:
- complete a supporting statement detailing how you meet the competencies of the role
- Apply for the role by clicking on the link
The MND Association is going through some exciting changes - embracing agile working, introducing new technology and a recent move to a new, flexible office space.
These changes, together with a high level of trust and performance driven culture, will give staff the freedom and flexibility to work in the best way for them, the Association and, most importantly, people with MND.
The MND Association was founded in 1979. Our mission is to improve care and support for people with MND, their families and carers. We also fund and promote research that leads to new understanding and treatments and brings us closer to a cure for MND. The Association also campaigns and raises awareness so the needs of people with MND, and everyone who cares for them, are recognised and addressed by wider society.
Please submit your application as soon as possible; due to the high volumes of applications we receive, and we reserve the right to close any adverts before the closing date once we have received sufficient applications.
Please note, our National Office has relocating to new premises in Moulton Park, Northampton.
At the MND Association we are committed to equalities and value diversity. We are working hard to remove perceived and actual barriers to participation by people with and affected by MND, current and future staff and volunteers and stakeholders.