To apply please send your CV and a cover letter addressing the questions at the bottom of this job posting.
Currently operating in over 20 countries, the Movember Foundation is the only charity tackling men’s health on a global scale! We’re addressing some of the biggest health issues faced by men: prostate cancer, testicular cancer, mental health and suicide prevention.
The Community Fundraising Manager is responsible for growing our year-round community fundraising revenue in the UK. You will have a strong focus on our Movember campaign in particular. This role will focus on the acquisition and retention of Community Ambassadors and also provide exceptional relationship management to all supporters, with specific responsibility for high value community fundraisers.
You will work with the Head of Community Fundraising on team-wide projects to increase community fundraising revenue and create remarkable experiences for all of our supporters.
Strategy, Planning & Reporting
- Works with the Head of community to develop a fundraising strategy for each audience within their remit and delivers this to agreed timescales and revenue targets
- Provides reporting on opportunities and work in progress as required
- Identifies and develops new opportunities within their assigned community portfolio
- Develops and manages his/her own pipeline of high value community prospects
- Ensures supporter data, interactions and required follow up activities are recorded on Salesforce
Retention / Stewardship
- Actively builds and maintains a portfolio of high value relationships and provides stewardship to increase average gift and supporter retention
- Works with global teams to ensure that the fundraising proposition is translated in to meaningful and effective ‘tools’ (online and offline) which drive great engagement and fundraising
- Manages the Ambassador Programme (a group of volunteers who champion Movember in their local community)
- Attends Community Fundraising events, where required, to provide a remarkable experience
- Is a Movember Brand ambassador; particularly within the community sector
- Actively participates in community and donor events
- Increases public awareness of men's health issues and the work that the Movember Foundation does to support these
- Supports the Head of Community and team members to deliver growth and revenue targets for Community Fundraising, and country wide
- Works collaboratively across Movember functions to develop and deliver optimal Fundraising Solutions; Marketing, Communications and Programs
- Lives and role models the Movember Values and Culture at all times
- Actively participates in activities to bring the Movember Values into everyday working life
Expertise required in:
- 3+ years’ experience in fundraising/ revenue development roles, preferably community fundraising
- Proven track record in managing fundraising portfolios and meeting agreed budgets
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of stakeholders
- Highly developed organisation skills, the ability to prioritise and manage several programs concurrently and meet deadlines
- Strong problem-solving skills with a high degree of self-motivation and initiative
- Self-starter/high level of internal motivation
- Ability to work in a fast paced and growth environment
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Relevant academic/professional qualifications are preferable
If you feel you have the talent and personality to join the Movember Team, please provide a cover letter with your CV addressing the following questions:
- Why do your skills and expertise make you a good match for this role?
- Which Movember value resonates most closely with you and why?
Applications are to be forwarded to [email protected] .com