The MPS Society is the only UK charity providing support and advice to over 1,500 children, young adults and families who are affected by one of 25 rare, genetic diseases
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and committed person to join our small finance team. This role would suit someone who has experience within a finance or administration role. You will be responsible for bank reconciliation, UK and International payments, invoicing and financial administrative tasks. Excellent excel and communication skills are essential and whilst knowledge of Sage is desirable, training will be given to the successful candidate.
We offer flexibility in working hours, free on-site parking, 25 days (pro-rata) paid holiday per year and life insurance cover.
- Work closely with the Fundraising team to ensure all receipts are correctly recorded, dated and coded in Excel
- Enter details into Sage
- Prepare cheques and cash listing for banking (Weekly / Bi-Weekly)
- Record bank receipts in sage using information from various online portals and fundraising database - Advantage
- Make quarterly GIFT AID claim
- Ensure all sales invoices are correctly raised in Sage or Excel and sent
- Ensure all purchase invoices are correctly recorded, dated and entered into Sage
- Prepare weekly BACS payment run or raise cheque for payments and send remittance advices
- Ensure all documents are appropriately authorised for Audit
- Using “Breathe” software ensure personal and credit card expense claims are correctly authorised, coded, have appropriate supporting documents and are accurately paid and entered into Sage
- Create journals and post into Sage
- Produce an aged debtor’s list and take action to collect all overdue accounts, informing relevant staff of outstanding amounts where appropriate
- Reconcile all transactions on MPS bank statements to the nominal ledger bank account and produce a list of items for posting to the nominal ledger bank account
- Work with internal departments to resolve unidentified receipts
- Assist in the preparation of the year-end audit in finding required documentary evidence and accounts listings
- Establish a working relationship with the Finance team and other staff that includes gaining an understanding of the key Finance operations and be able to cover in the event of the absence of other Finance staff
- Maintain the Fundraising import templates on an adhoc basis using Excel & Macros
- To adopt a positive approach to personal and professional development, engaging in regular one to one meetings and an annual performance review with the Head of Group Finance
- To carry out any other duties within the scope and purpose of the post as requested by your Line Manager or the Senior Finance Officer.
Changes to Job Description
If for any reason it is necessary to make changes to the key responsibilities, this will be discussed in advance between the post holder and the supervising line manager.
Education / Qualifications
GCSE Grade C or above in English Language and Maths (or equivalent) - Essential
Accountancy qualification / studying for accountancy qualification - Desirable
Familiar with Sage accounting software - Desirable
Experienced user of Microsoft Office especially outlook, word and excel - Essential
At least 1 years’ work experience within a Finance office - Essential
Skills, knowledge and abilities
Proactively meets the needs of the business demonstrating a positive approach - Essential
Maintaining records with a high level of attention to detail - Essential
Ability to organise own work to meet deadlines - Essential
Ability to work using own initiative and collaboratively - Essential
Sound interpersonal and communication skills - Essential
Passionate about MPS Society’s mission and aims - Essential
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check prior to taking up position in the role
Interviews are being held on a rolling basis.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.