Reporting to: The Group CEO MPS Society
Hours: Full time - Flexible to suit the needs of the Organisation
Location: Amersham UK - with travel in the UK and overseas as needed
Closing Date 17/07/2020
Interview Dates 29 July 2020
The MPS Society provides support across the UK to families affected by rare, life-limiting genetic conditions. These genetic conditions cause a range of complex difficulties and we provide vital support to the whole family for as long as they need it. Further information on the work we undertake can be found on our website.
Job Description (Please see full job description for further details)
The Head of Group Operations (HGO) will be responsible for the day to day operational running of the MPS Society and, in collaboration with the CEO, its commercial trading subsidiary MPS Commercial. This is a hands-on role that offers diversity in a growing organisation, responding to opportunities for revenue growth and greater national and International reach.
The Head of Group Operations will be managed by the Group CEO. The primary duties and responsibilities are set out below. This is a diverse role and the candidate will be able to tackle a range of tasks as part of this small dynamic team.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
Working jointly with the CEO of MPS Commercial and Group CEO
- Develop the strategic direction and priorities for the Society and MPS Commercial
- Develop a detailed annual operational plan to achieve the strategic priorities of the organisation(s), for approval by the relevant Boards
- Line management for all core functions / staff within the Society, including HR and Finance
- Working with the Senior Leadership Team and other members of the Organisation, Develop and implement the annual operating plan
- Lead the operational direction of the patient services in line with the overall society’s priorities
- Working with Support and Advocacy lead, anticipate the future needs of the society’s members adapting existing projects and developing new activities as required to ensure we continue to meet them.
Clinical Centre support
- In collaboration with the group CEO drive the strategic relationships with key clinical centres in the UK and internationally, to further the collaborations between the Society and the clinical colleagues in the field
- In collaboration with Group CEO and CEO of MPS Commercial, explore and identify opportunities for collaboration with current and potential pharmaceutical partners
Political lobbying and Public Affairs
- Design and implement, in collaboration with the Group CEO, the political lobbying and public affairs strategy and activities for the Society.
- Assist the Head of Group Finance Officer with financial planning, management and reporting, and the implementation of the operational, business and strategic plans
- Oversee the maintenance of a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations
- Oversee day-to-day operations including premises, equipment, IT systems, ordering supplies, procurement and workflow management.
- Working with the HR Lead with recruitment, induction and ongoing development of the Charities personnel
- Operational Risk and Charity Compliance Reporting
- Oversee timely governance and report to the Board of Trustees
- Oversee all aspects of the MPS Society’s income generation strategy and ensure production of reports for the Board of Trustees
- Oversee the content and design of all the MPS Society’s public facing materials both printed and electronic.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a DBS check prior to taking up position in the role
For further details, please contact Barbara Cotterell on 0 3 4 5 3 8 9 9 9 0 1
Applications may be made either through the Charity Jobs website or to Barbara Cotterell directly. All applications should include your CV and a cover letter outlining your skills, experience and how you meet the requirements of this role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.