At the MPS Society we aim to transform the lives of people affected by MPS, Fabry and related diseases through specialist knowledge, support and advocacy, and research. Our fundraising and communications team make this happen by raising income through community fundraising and corporate giving and securing funds from the pharmaceutical industry to fund the vital work of our support team, as well as raising awareness and sharing up-to-date information about these ultra-rare diseases.
As the Marketing Communications Officer you will develop and plan audience-driven communications across our channels including social media, email marketing and our website, sharing our members’ stories and raising awareness of our cause. Working with the rest of the communications team you will provide communications support across the MPS Society and Rare Disease Research Partners (a not for profit subsidiary of the MPS Society).
You will have:
- working knowledge of social media platforms
- sound interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build strong relationships with a wide spectrum of stakeholders both internally and externally
- strong organisational skills and the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with good attention to detail
- experience of content writing
- a positive approach to meeting the needs of the charity by working collaboratively and with enthusiasm
- experience and competency in Microsoft Office
- experience of adobe creative suite or similar design and video editing software is desirable
You will work under the guidance of the Communications and Information Manager.
The responsibilities and duties associated with this role can be found in the job description attached.
- 25 days annual leave (pro-rata) plus bank holiday (increasing after 5 years' service)
- Employee assistance programme - available 24/7
- Life assurance (subject to the conditions of the scheme)
- on-site parking
We encourage candidates to visit our website to learn more about our organisation and the community we serve.
Conditions of employment:
The MPS Society is a charity that provides a range of care, support and activities for children and adults at risk throughout the UK. This is provided in a number of ways through our dedicated support and advocacy service, telephone helpline and out of hours support, clinical research, online activities and forums, annual events, patient expert meetings, focus groups and conferences. MPS staff, trustees and volunteers may be asked to be involved in the delivery of its regulated services and activities and therefore will require an enhanced DBS check during recruitment and for this to be reviewed on a regular basis. Barring checks will be sought as appropriate.
You must be eligible to work in the UK.
Salary: Pro rata for part time employment
Covid: This role is based in our Amersham office which is COVID compliant. Whilst you will be required to work from our office, we are currently allowing flexible hybrid working between the office and home, providing it meets the needs of the team and our beneficiaries. Full office working may resume if deemed appropriate by our Senior Leadership Team.
Applications: please provide your CV and a cover letter detailing your experience and why you think you are the person we are looking for.
Interviews will be held remotely via telephone and zoom
We have an initial closing date of 20 September however interviews will be held following receipt and assessment of suitable applications. We will only respond to applicants shortlisted to interview therefore if you have not heard from us within 4 weeks of your application, we thank you for taking the time to apply and your interest in working for us.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.