Job Title: Grants and Programme Senior Officer
Time Commitment: Full Time – Permanent (Part time options available)
Based at: MQ Office, London, EC1Y, Flexible home working arrangements
Reporting to: Growing Talent Programme Lead
Salary: £30k – £32k per annum
MQ is the first major charity funding mental health research. By connecting scientists with supporters, together we strive to understand mental health, improve treatments and prevent mental illness.
We champion and fund world-class research to transform the lives of everyone affected by mental illness. By connecting scientists with supporters, together we strive to understand mental health, improve treatments and prevent mental illness. Having recently launched a new 5-year strategy, MQ is at a critical point in its development.
The right person will be passionate about tackling mental health, and driven to ensure that all projects happen to the highest possible standards. The role is a key position within the organisation, acting as the primary contact for grant applicants with a focus on managing grants process and communications particularly within are flagship Fellowships programme and as a project manger within our national Datamind project
- Support new research initiatives as a project manager working in collaboration with consortium partners to ensure high quality execution and disseminated learning
- Provide day-to-day support for MQ’s research portfolio and support the Research team in delivering MQ’s grant-making programmes to set timelines and standards.
- Develop guidance for applicants, application forms and review forms, to create a seamless process for applicants and reviewers.
- Identify and communicate with expert reviewers to ensure peer review is delivered to best practice standards.
- Serve as a liaison between the organisation and the Applicants
- Support the ongoing development of MQ’s grants-management software, making it an ongoing resource for future grant rounds, as well as for regular reporting and financial management of current grants.
- Respond to enquiries about MQ’s Research grant programmes.
- Updating colleagues within MQ on the progress of grants, and updating them on recent research findings.
The post holder will also
- Contribute to achieving the overall objectives of MQ and participate in the development of its new organisational strategy.
- Provide other support to the Research team and MQ as required
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the apply button and attach your CV and covering letter, it will be sent automatically to us.
A job description is attached to help with your application.
MQ is committed to providing equal opportunities for all.
No agencies please.