As of 1 June the Operations department of MSF/OCA is looking for an Operations Manager. The Operations team is responsible for managing our field missions/countries. In this team, the Operations Managers are end responsible for the strategy, resource allocation, operationalisation, security, quality and advocacy of the medical humanitarian programs in a number of missions/countries.
Objectives of the position
The main objectives of the position of Operations Manager are:
- Overall management and realisation of the portfolio of (field) operations. Within the portfolio you have the end-responsibility for quality and implementation of field operations, policy and strategy, security, communications, human resources, logistics, finance as well as of initiating response, observation, closure, monitoring and evaluation of field operations. The portfolio for this position contains the countries Nigeria, Jordan, Iraq, Malaysia, Myanmar and Bangladesh. This can change.
- Significant contribution to the overall development and steering of OCA operations globally.
- Promotes and initiates the critical reflection/learning within and outside OCA.
We are looking for
A candidate with a strong sense of the MSF mission who
- has at least 5 years of field experience in (medical) emergency aid in complex humanitarian contexts with MSF (or a comparable organisation)
- and at least 3 years in a relevant management position;
- has strong proven skills in management and leadership and who can act as a coach and inspire staff;
- is capable of directing people of various disciplines and cultural backgrounds over time and distance;
- has gained experience with a range of issues and responsibilities within the respective organisation, such as security management, policy formulation, financial and human resource management;
- takes initiative and decisions and comes up with a vision based on his/her own judgment;
- is capable of conceptual and analytical thinking, who is result oriented and has proven skills to translate concepts into practice;
- has good communication skills, including media and presentation skills (are essential), as well as an excellent command of English. Knowledge of French, Arabic or Spanish would be an advantage;
- a medical profile is welcome, but not a necessity;
- is willing to work long and irregular hours and travel (approx 30%) at short notice.
A challenging position within a stimulating, professional working environment in a major international organisation.
A Dutch employment contract from 1 June 2021, based on 40 hours per week. The contract is for three years with a renewal option of a maximum of three years (subject to satisfactory performance) based on a fulltime appointment.
A gross monthly salary in scale 10 between € 5,038 and € 7,193 depending on relevant professional experience and based upon a 40-hour working week.
Attractive secondary benefits (e.g. premium free pension, 30 holidays).
More information & application
For more information and applying please visit our website via the link below and upload your letter of motivation + Curriculum Vitae (in English) as one combined document (only applications with motivation will be included in the process).
The closing date for applications is 14 February 2021.
Selection will be by means of two interviewing rounds. The first round is planned in the week of 8 /15 March, the second round in the week of 15/22 April. A test/case may be part of the process.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.