At MSI Reproductive Choices we are unapologetically pro-choice. We believe that every woman has the right to make choices about her own body and her own future. As one of the world’s leading providers of contraception and safe abortion care, we give women the means to do so. Across 37 countries, we provide high quality, safe services, and work with advocacy to create an enabling environment, so every client has safe access to services when and where they are needed. Because when a woman can determine her own future, she can contribute to creating a better, more sustainable future for everyone.
MSI Reproductive Choices in the UK have been helping individuals with their reproductive health options for over 40 years. Starting from one single clinic in London in 1976, the organisation has grown to become one of the world’s largest providers of high quality, affordable contraception and safe abortion services.
MSI Reproductive Choices is committed to creating an inclusive environment with a workforce which is representative of the communities we serve. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and give equal consideration to all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. We are committed to promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups.
About the Role
Digital Communication Officer you will be help MSI UK to grow a digital comms culture, leading on the creation of excellent digital content, embedding a data-driven test and learn approach. This is a hands-on role managing our social media channels and website, developing an ‘audience first’ approach that ensures the right audiences are engaged with the right content at the right times.
You will take the lead on day-to-day social media content creation (photo, video, infographics, copy etc) as part of the overarching digital strategy, focusing on inspiring action and promoting talkability/shareability within social communities, liaising closely with and supported by the Digital Comms and Marketing Advisor and Digital Engagement Manager. You will make recommendations for improvements and usability for social media channels to improve digital marketing efforts in the long term.
We want individuals who work with us to build an enabling environment to increase access to safe services everywhere. We expect all team members to share our vision and commitment to achieving our mission whilst promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all clients and colleagues.
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Degree in a relevant subject/discipline
- Knowledge and understanding of the issues affecting access to abortion in the UK
- Higher National Certificate or
- Vocational level 4 qualification or
- Foundation degree or
- Higher National Diploma or
- Other diploma or
- Equivalent level of knowledge and experience
- Committed to the protection of team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups
- Be a role-model, inclusive and maintain culturally sensitive attitudes and behaviour
- Pro-choice on abortion
- Proactive, autonomous working style
- Able to assimilate requirements and feedback from different internal stakeholders and find the best way forwards to meet the needs of the team, organisation and patient
- Personable and approachable with excellent stakeholder management skills
- Passionate about working to deliver the best possible patient experience
- Enjoys problem solving when working with large data sets.
- Analytical thinker who can understand processes and logic
For more information about the role, please view the job framework on our website.
Location: Remote working with occasional working in Support Offices and Clinics.
Full-time: 37.5 hours per week
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date: 21st January 2022 (midnight GMT). Interviews may take place before this date for exceptional candidates.
Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.