MSI Reproductive Choices is one of the world’s leading providers of sexual and reproductive healthcare. We believe that everyone should have the right to choose. From contraception to safe abortion and life-saving post-abortion care, we are committed to delivering compassionate, affordable, high-quality services for all.
Today, our organisation has over 9,000 team members working in 37 countries across the world. Our success lies in the fact that MSI teams are locally led, entrepreneurial and results-driven, and are passionate about delivering high quality, client-centered care in their own communities. As a social business, we focus on sustainable delivery, efficiency, and funding models that are built to last, so that the women and girls we serve today will have a choice in the future too.
We know that access to reproductive choice is life changing. For some, it can mean the ability to complete an education or start a career. For others, it means being able to look after the family they already have. For everyone, it means the freedom to decide their own future, creating a fairer, more equal world.
About the Role
The role supports Pillars 2 & 3 of MSI’s 2030 strategy which focusses on driving financially sustainable private sector services in MSI’s centres and enabling client-powered services through safe, efficient access to our products via social marketing. Across all of our Pillar programmes, we maintain a foundation in delivering client-centred care and our core mission to provide safe and effective access to abortion services. The Evidence and Impact Advisor will ensure that MSI’s programmes are informed by robust data and evidence to achieve tangible impact consistent with our vision; to ensure effective measurement and evaluation systems are in place; and insight and evidence is used internally and externally to demonstrate MSI’s impact and value in strengthening MSI’s private health systems and the role this plays in achievement of universal access to sexual and reproductive health care.
This is an exciting opportunity for a data and insight professional – passionate about driving development to be more effective, equitable, and efficient through evidence. As part of the team you will have the opportunity to work across all departments at MSI and directly influence the success of our 2030 Strategy.
You will be working next to people with a wide range of technical expertise and experience, keen to support your professional and personal development and empower you to thrive.
We recruit talented, dynamic people with diverse backgrounds and experiences, all united by a belief in our mission and a focus on delivering measurable results. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and are committed to creating a fully inclusive workplace, where everyone feels able to participate and contribute meaningfully. You must be open-minded, curious, resilient, and solutions-oriented, and committed to promoting equality, and safeguarding the welfare of team members and clients alike.
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- Experience in supporting the development of data modelling/dashboards and data visualisation solutions
- Proven experience (a minimum of 3 years) working within a research, data analytics or monitoring & evaluation role.
- Have been exposed to a wide range of challenging research, monitoring, and evaluation problems to solve (ideally in healthcare)
- Highly familiar and experienced in writing and editing documents for various audiences, including non-research ones
- Demonstrated experience managing projects involving multiple teams, including priority setting, planning, and influencing with limited authority
- Experience of project management or cross-functional (matrix) team working.
- Proven experience working cross culturally and providing technical support to remote teams and in providing technical research assistance and training to staff, including non-researchers in resource constrained settings
- Experienced in utilizing a range of qualitative research methods to answer key challenges / questions
- Experience with health research, reproductive health, and / or family planning / service delivery / operations environment
- Experience in evaluating commercial initiatives and deconstructing financial elements of a P&L
- Practical experience in developing donor research log frames and developing evidence-based proposals; developing cases studies and data to support winning bids, especially for value for money and new models.
This is a highly specialised role that requires deep analytical skills in turning large disparate data sets into meaningful, useful data and being able to make the tools simple, and easy to use. It also requires someone with the passion and skill in helping motivate their adoption and usage.
- Extremely strong analytical skills, - highly numerate and analytical with broad knowledge of a broad range of technical database skills in research and evaluation methods (incl. quantitative and qualitative); SPSS and STATA and advanced knowledge of VBA, Macros, Microsoft Excel and Access (Knowledge of DHIS2 is desirable).
- Ability to perform data mining, blending large datasets to enhance reporting and “Know how” in data visualisation; VBA, PowerBI, Tableau or equivalent and using data to make informed recommendations
- Excellent verbal and written communicator: ability to convey complex concepts in plain English to non-technical audiences and to lead confidently representing MSI externally, including liaising with donors and building relationships with external partners. A passion for sharing data, insight, and the benefits that good evidence can bring to an organisation.
- Strong team player and can quickly and effectively build relationships building strong, positive working relationships
- Drive for results: Curious, interested, and passionate how data can be used to improve performance and results; challenging the status quo to look for new ways of doing things.
- Ability to prioritise tasks rapidly and effectively. Highly comfortable working under budget, time, data constraints and shifting priorities
- Commercial analytics such as price elasticity; marketing analytics such as client profiling, segmentation & targeting
- Experience in evaluating marketing communication, demand generation, and marketing, pricing, and initiatives in commercial private sector environments.
We seek exceptional individuals who are aligned to MSI’s mission and entrepreneurial mindset. You must be a strong communicator, self-motivated and solutions-seeking, committed to driving social change in an environment that measures sustainable results and impact at an individual and global level. You must be able to work effectively with and across diverse teams and be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Pro Choice. Energy, drive and passion for purpose and MSI Reproductive Choices’ mission, able to inspire others with the MSI mission.
- Committed to the protection of team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups; able to role-model inclusive and culturally sensitive attitudes and behaviours
- Builds strong working relationships – takes people with them.
- Commercially minded, supportive of MSI as a “social business”
- High drive for results - positive, “can-do” attitude. High “hands-on” and work at pace
- Flexible attitude towards working in a fast-changing operating environment. High emotional intelligence, patience, and thoughtfulness even in high-pressure, stressful situations
- Able to travel internationally 15% of time (once travel restrictions lifted).
For more information about the role, please view the job description and person specification on our website.
Location: London Support Office, W1T
Full-time: 35 hours a week, Monday to Friday
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £39,700 - £46,000 + discretionary bonus + benefits (UK salary range only)
Closing date: 31st January 2022 (midnight GMT). Interviews may take place before this date for exceptional candidates.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.