At MSI Reproductive Choices Reproductive Choices we are unapologetically pro-choice. We believe that every woman has the right to make choices about her own body and her own future. As one of the world’s leading providers of contraception and safe abortion care, we give women the means to do so. Across 37 countries, we provide high quality, safe services, and work with advocacy to create an enabling environment, so every client has safe access to services when and where they are needed. Because when a woman can determine her own future, she can contribute to creating a better, more sustainable future for everyone.
MSI Reproductive Choices is committed to creating an inclusive environment with a workforce which is representative of the communities we serve. We’re proud to be an equal opportunities employer and give equal consideration to all qualified applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or age. We are committed to promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups.
This role demands a highly effective commercial minded finance business partner who is the expert and visible point of “finance” contact for the consolidated channel performance across the organisation; highly engaged with the Executive team at MSI. As such this demands highly developed financial skills but also excellent communication and relationship management with the ability to coach and improve the tools and processes to improve country, regional, global performance. It is a role that requires the ability to take initiative and produce results; helping to shape the financial performance across all areas of the social marketing business. The role will involve business partnering, ad-hoc analysis and special projects requiring a high attention to detail to build models to support decision-making. It’s a broad role and requires someone who is sensitive to (and understands) the diverse perspectives of stakeholder and works with them to deliver results.
The key elements of the role are:
· to provide financial leadership and strategic decision support to the Commercial Sales channel managers to deliver the goals of the channel
· to build the technical and operational capacity of the India region to use and comply with MSI finance policy, systems and processes.
We want individuals who support our mission of eliminating unsafe abortion by 2030 and who work with us to build an enabling environment to increase access to safe services everywhere. We expect all team members to share our vision and commitment to achieving our mission whilst promoting equality and safeguarding the welfare of all clients and colleagues.
To succeed in this role, you must have:
- A commercial mind-set understanding the levers for profitability to contribute to the aim of sustainability for the social marketing channel. This requires very strong appreciation and ability to analyse, explain and make recommendations relating to strengthening the P&L and balance sheet:
- Sales decomposition
- Product margin mix; the impact of price on margin and profit
- Sales and marketing cost and variances and promotional /marketing evaluations
- working capital; cash flow
- Variance on financial and budgetary analysis and analyse forecasting variances and create projections
- Able to develop new and improve existing financial policies and procedures – such as trade spend; debtors management budgeting, forecasting and creating financial models to create financial 3- 5year “growth building blocks”
- Effective Management reporting – able to synthesis performance data into clear, sharp, summaries, drawing out the key performance highlights, understanding the drivers behind the performance and the implications for the full year targets. Skilled in managing to tight deadlines and managing multiple priorities
- Able to focus on the strategic big picture, whilst understanding the detail. This role requires ability to think wider than just the “numbers” but to consider external factors when analysing data (such as market share; competitor pricing etc)
- Operate with a highly analytical approach to information gathering and distillation and high level of numeracy and attention to detail
- Highly developed interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills – the role involves significant exposure to the executive team and senior management throughout the organisation.
- Effective communicator in writing and in person, in particular in expressing financial concepts for non-financial staff is essential. Confident in working at all levels and in challenging the status quo.
- Very strong team player and collaborator –with the ability to take people on the journey, building trusted, strong relationships across country, regional and global teams, inside and outside the finance team.
- Strong coaching skills – able to explain and support teams to build their own financial skills – can simplify and improve inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes and teach people to do the same
- Ability to work in a diverse and inclusive environment, respecting and collaborating with all individuals equally, and with a commitment to overcome bias and prejudice
- Advanced excel and ability to build excel based models /automated scorecards when needed is essential
- Professionally Qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, other) - essential
- Educated to degree level or equivalent (accounting or business degree desirable)
- Committed to the protection of team members and clients, with a focus on vulnerable groups.
- Able to role-model inclusive and culturally sensitive attitudes and behaviours.
- Highly committed to the MSI Reproductive Choice Mission “Pro-Choice”
- Self-starter – looking to build on and improve existing processes, creating lasting change.
- Committed to the protection of team members and clients, with a particular focus on vulnerable groups. Able to role-model inclusive and culturally sensitive attitudes and behaviours
- Actively seeks feedback on performance with a view to continuously learning and developing as a leader.
- Ability to travel (post Covid) of up to 15% of time.
For more information about the role, please view the job description and person specification on our website.
Location: London Support Office
Full-time: 35 hours, Monday to Friday
Contract type: Permanent
Salary: £63,340 - £81,000 + discretionary bonus + benefits
Closing date: Sunday 19th September 2021 (midnight GMT). Interviews may take place before this date for exceptional candidates.