Salary: £25,876 (pro rata / full-time equivalent)
Hours: 21 hours per week
Location / Base: Multi Faith Centre at the University of Derby
Responsible to: Director
Key relationships: Colleagues, trustees, and community stakeholders
To increase the profile and income generating opportunities of the Multi Faith Centre and manage our venue hire and events programme. You will create and manage marketing and communications plans for a range of MFC events, services, and resources. Your innovative plans will be based on insight and evidence of what works with our diverse audiences and be inclusive, accessible, multi-channel and digital first - website, social media, e-newsletters, publications, advertising, media releases and events. You will build relationships across the MFC to understand our corporate priorities and proactively advise on our marketing approach whilst growing our venue hire income.
Marketing and communications:
• Support strategic priorities through the creation, delivery, management and reporting of relevant and targeted marketing plans based on marketing research and audience insight.
• Work with the MFC team to understand our offer and set, plan, and deliver on marketing objectives where, when, and how our diverse target audiences are most likely to engage: the website and social media, e-newsletters, publications, advertising, and events.
• Work closely with colleagues and trustees, to champion our work, creating marketing content in line with our branding, editorial style, tone of voice and equality, diversity, and inclusion ambitions.
• Act as brand champion and internal ambassador for our target audience groups.
• Create engaging and accessible content appropriate to each channel ranging from digital advertising, targeted emails, and social media to publications as well as flyers and events marketing making sure creative content represents the diversity of our registrants and service users.
• Carry out regular user testing, monitoring, benchmarking, and evaluation of the effectiveness of marketing activities, to make sure we are meeting the needs of our diverse audiences.
• Report outcomes of marketing activities, providing recommendations for improvements and different approaches where relevant.
• Develop briefs for agencies, designers, printers and other external suppliers, and work with them to deliver agreed services on time and within budget.
• Apply excellent customer service to marketing and events activities – dealing effectively with queries or complaints from external and internal customers.
• Apply the MFC’s equality, diversity, and inclusion principles in marketing work, making sure that the diverse nature of our audiences is represented appropriately in marketing collateral and in market/audience research.
• With the Director, develop and implement an annual programme of events at the Centre, in the community and online.
• Manage the venue hire diary and liaise with hirers to fulfil queries and arrangements.
• Set up the Centre for events and hires.
• Develop and manage relationships with external suppliers including developing a roster of approved suppliers where appropriate (e.g., catering, sound, lighting, etc.)
• Monitor and report on KPIs (key performance indicators) including numbers per event, profit/loss.
• Devise and deliver a system for receiving visitor feedback.
• Conduct Risk Assessments for any activities relating to events and venue hires.
PERSON SPECIFICATION, KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Technical knowledge and skills
• Demonstrable experience in a marketing communications or similar role.
• Experience in setting SMART marketing objectives and developing and implementing successful marketing plans.
• Experience of researching, writing, designing, and delivering a broad range of marketing content to different audiences, using a variety of channels.
• Experience of managing email marketing tools and Content Management systems.
• Experience in devising and delivering digital marketing plans using the latest tools and techniques including targeted email marketing and social media advertising.
• Strong social media knowledge of the following platforms: Mail Chimp, Canva, Google Analytics, Eventbrite, Google Ad Words, PayPal, YouTube, Linked In.
• Experience of developing briefs for agencies, designers, or printers, and of managing relationships with these and other external suppliers making sure projects are delivered in time and within budget.
• IT skills and proficient in using MS Project (or other project management tools), MS Teams, Canva, and analytics tools an advantage.
• Awareness of equality, diversity, and inclusion issues and of the importance of considering these when crafting written and visual communications content. • Good budget management skills.
• Excellent design, writing and editing skills with a successful track record in producing marketing content for a range of audiences and communication channels, using clear, concise, and accurate plain English. Ability to write in a variety of styles in line with organisational tone of voice and brand guidelines.
• Good social media skills and ability to create interesting website blogs and social media content.
• Experience of SEO and of SEO copywriting an advantage.
• A clear understanding of how to tailor communications materials to audiences' needs and preferences to convey messages most effectively.
• Good proofreading and copywriting skills.
• Web editing skills.
• Good interpersonal and team-working skills, and a demonstrable ability to develop positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
• Excellent customer service ensuring the needs of customers are met and our services are delivered positively and to a high standard.
• A self-disciplined approach to work with the capacity to organise your own time effectively and ensure that all work is up to date and accurate.
• Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines and prioritise work effectively, including dealing with urgent issues as they arise without losing focus on important longer term marketing projects or developments.
• Excellent administrative skills and attention to detail.
• Experience in organising events an advantage. Innovation and problem-solving skills
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyse, evaluate and report on data from a variety of sources, to carry out market research, and track the success of marketing communications campaigns and activities. Astute in identifying emerging trends and opportunities for improvements and enhancements.
• A creative thinker with a track record in identifying target audiences and devising digital first marketing campaigns that engage, inform, and deliver results.
• Experience of promotion and marketing of events in the local community.
• The ability to work flexibly and with a wide range of people.
• Able to always follow data protection and safeguarding policies.
• Willingness to work out of office hours including evenings and weekends if needed.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send us an up-to-date CV and supporting covering letter.
Deadline for applications: Sunday 14th November 2021
Should your application be shortlisted, interviews will be held on Weds 24th November.