This is an exciting opportunity to join our Advocacy team that makes a real difference to the lives of the 70,000 people living with muscle-wasting conditions living in the UK by making sure that they get the care and support they are entitled to.
The successful applicant should have experience in working in a similar role/field, along with an understanding of confidentiality and working within data protection regulations.
Expectation in the role
The post-holder will:
- Support with the coordination of the charity factsheets and information
- Ensure service users receive high quality support at all times; through the Helpline and Support Services
- Represent families and individuals with muscle wasting conditions to ensure they receive statutory funding for the care and support they are entitled to
- Attend neuromuscular clinics across London to make contact with families
- Arrange muscle group meetings and attend any similar meetings to promote our services and provide direct support to people living with muscle wasting conditions
Please download the job description to see full role responsibilities.
Muscular Dystrophy UK is the charity bringing individuals, families and professionals together to fight muscle-wasting conditions. We bring together more than 60 rare and very rare progressive muscle-weakening and wasting conditions, affecting around 70,000 children and adults in the UK.
We appreciate the range of skills and experience our staff have to offer. In return for your enthusiasm and commitment we commit to actively developing and supporting you. We also offer a range of benefits including pension, life assurance, season ticket loan, ride to work scheme, health cash plan, and an employee assistance programme.
This role is based at our office in Southwark, London. It is within a short walking distance of Southwark and Borough Tube stations. It is also a short distance from Waterloo Station, London Bridge Station and Blackfriars Station. We are also a 5 minute walk from the Tate Modern and Southbank, perfect place to go for lunch during the warm summer months.
In order to apply, please click on the Apply Now button and send your CV with a covering letter detailing why you are best suited for the role.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive we will only contact candidates that are shortlisted for interview. Therefore if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date please note your application has been unsuccessful.