We understand that a diagnosis of muscular dystrophy changes everything. Every day Muscular Dystrophy UK is urgently searching for treatments and cures to improve lives today and transform those for future generations.
About the role
We’re going through an exciting period of digital transformation at Muscular Dystrophy UK and are changing the way we provide support to people with muscle-wasting conditions through digital tools and products.
You’ll be the lead product manager for our Digital Health Assistant Project, a pioneering collaboration between Muscular Dystrophy UK, Reason Digital and a number of other healthcare charities. The tool provides personalised content to people using machine learning and is the first of its kind.
You’ll also play a key part in ensuring that our content for people with the condition is user-focussed and restructured for our new website. You’ll be the lead for user testing for the new website and the delivery of a new information architecture.
The successful applicant should have experience of delivering user-focussed digital tools and content and working across large organisations to collaborate with teams. They’ll be organised, solutions-focussed and collaborative and have a passion for delivering new ways of working through digital tools and products.
What you’ll do
- Work with the Digital team and other teams to rebuild and rewrite the information for people with muscle-wasting conditions for the new website
- Work and build strong collaborative relationships with other teams to deliver effective campaigns and tools
- Develop a new information architecture for the new website, with a focus on the health information, based on the insights from user research
- Lead on all user testing for the new website
- Champion engaging user-focussed content across the organisation and help develop digital champions to embed best practice around digital content creation
- Work to re-purpose and develop content for the Digital Health Assistant
- Use analytics and insight to develop content for the Assistant
- Ensure the content delivered by the Assistant integrates with the charity’s other digital services such as the forum and other digital tools
- Act as product manager for the Digital Health Assistant
Please download the job description to see full role responsibilities.
Please be aware, this is a 12 month fixed term contract.
Muscular Dystrophy UK is the charity bringing individuals, families and professionals together to fight muscle-wasting conditions. We bring together more than 60 rare and very rare progressive muscle-weakening and wasting conditions, affecting around 70,000 children and adults in the UK.
We appreciate the range of skills and experience our staff have to offer. In return for your enthusiasm and commitment we commit to actively developing and supporting you. We also offer a range of benefits including pension, life assurance, season ticket loan, ride to work scheme, health cash plan, and an employee assistance programme.
This role is based at our office in Southwark, London. It is within a short walking distance of Southwark and Borough Tube stations. It is also a short distance from Waterloo Station, London Bridge Station and Blackfriars Station. We are also a 5 minute walk from the Tate Modern and Southbank, perfect place to go for lunch during the warm summer months.
In order to apply, please click on the Apply Now button and send your CV with a covering letter detailing why you are best suited for the role.
Interviews due to be held on 7 August 2019.
Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive we will only contact candidates that are shortlisted for interview. Therefore if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date please note your application has been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.