This role is for a proactive and ambitious individual who will develop and implement a programme of Individual Giving campaigns and products to achieve fundraising targets/budgets and maximise their financial contribution. You will reach and engage with people directly affected by muscle-wasting conditions and with the general public to generate income.
Please note this is a 9-12 month maternity cover contract.
The successful candidate should have:
- Experience in leading Individual Giving fundraising activities in a voluntary sector marketing environment
- Experience of managing direct mail campaigns
- Experience of budget development and management
- Proven copywriting, editorial and proofreading skills, with ability to tailor copy to the audience
- Sensitivity and initiative when dealing with donors and families with muscle-wasting conditions
Expectations in the role
- Individual Giving Campaign management and development
- To manage the implementation of the In Memoriam and Legacy marketing strategies and their promotion and stewardship activities
- Budgeting and reporting
- Supporter care
- Line Management of the team
Please download the job description to see full role responsibilities.
Muscular Dystrophy UK is the charity bringing individuals, families and professionals together to fight muscle-wasting conditions. We bring together more than 60 rare and very rare progressive muscle-weakening and wasting conditions, affecting around 70,000 children and adults in the UK.
We appreciate the range of skills and experience our staff have to offer. In return for your enthusiasm and commitment we commit to actively developing and supporting you. We also offer a range of benefits including pension, life assurance, season ticket loan, ride to work scheme, health cash plan, and an employee assistance programme.
This role is based at our office in Southwark, London with flexibility for home working 3-4 days a week. It is within a short walking distance of Southwark and Borough Tube stations. It is also a short distance from Waterloo Station, London Bridge Station and Blackfriars Station. We are also a 5 minute walk from the Tate Modern and Southbank, perfect place to go for lunch during the warm summer months.
In order to apply, please click on the Apply Now button and send your CV with a covering letter detailing why you are best suited for the role.
Please note we will invite candidates in for interview before the closing date so early application is advisable.
*Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive we will only contact candidates that are shortlisted for interview. Therefore if you do not hear from us within a week of the closing date please note your application has been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.