The Regional Development team is part of a successful Fundraising team. The team has increased income over the last few years to regularly raise in excess of £1.5m.
The successful candidate should have:
- Significant experience of fundraising with supporters in their local communities, building bespoke relationships.
- Knowledge and experience of fundraising marketing.
- Experience of successful management, development and motivation of effective teams.
- Proficiency with strategy, budgeting and planning
- a longer-term, strategic perspective (yet clearly focused on agreed annual plans); a lateral thinker, solution orientated.
Expectations in the role
- To be a proactive and ambitious individual who will develop and drive a new UK-wide Regional Fundraising strategy in agreement with the Director of Development
- To lead and motivate the regional team of fundraisers and volunteers to maximise their financial contribution
- Aligning the programme with the needs of the individuals and families who are passionate about beating muscle-wasting conditions through research, and providing information, support and care in a diverse and dynamic environment.
Please download the job description to see full role responsibilities.
Muscular Dystrophy UK is the charity bringing individuals, families and professionals together to fight muscle-wasting conditions. We bring together more than 60 rare and very rare progressive muscle-weakening and wasting conditions, affecting around 70,000 children and adults in the UK.
We appreciate the range of skills and experience our staff have to offer. In return for your enthusiasm and commitment we commit to actively developing and supporting you. We also offer a range of benefits including pension, life assurance, season ticket loan, ride to work scheme, health cash plan, and an employee assistance programme.
This role can be flexible with location but there is a requirement to be at Head Office at least 2 days per week. The office is based in Southwark. It is within a short walking distance of Southwark and Borough Tube stations. It is also a short distance from Waterloo Station, London Bridge Station and Blackfriars Station. We are also a 5 minute walk from the Tate Modern and Southbank, perfect place to go for lunch during the warm summer months.
In order to apply, please click on the Apply Now button and send your CV with a covering letter detailing why you are best suited for the role.
Please note interviews are to be held on 13 and 15 August 2019.
*Unfortunately due to the high volume of applications we receive we will only contact candidates that are shortlisted for interview. Therefore if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of the closing date please note your application has been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.