A unique opportunity has arisen for the above position working for an energetic and independent educational charity, which promotes Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) to 10 to 18 year olds based in Leamington Spa. The Trust is looking to inspire increasing numbers of young people to acquire life, leadership and engineering skills, leading to increased numbers of engineers for the benefit of UK engineering.
This is a newly created role and is part of the Business Development Department. The successful candidate will build relationships with a variety of stakeholders including Corporate Partners, Corporate Charitable Trusts & Foundations to gain funding for Smallpeice activities and drive benefit-in-kind support to ensure delivery of ambitious growth plans over the next 5 years.
- Proactively engaging with new and existing corporate partners and key stakeholders to promote available funding opportunities.
- Strategically nurturing and developing corporate partners to become in kind-supporters of the work of The Trust.
- Developing knowledge of existing competitors and new entrants to the market to ensure our programmes retain competitive advantage.
- Representing the Trust UK wide with occasional European and international travel.
- Preparation and presentation of business cases/reports to support the Business Development Department.
- Developing a thorough understanding of existing initiatives and projects.
- Overseeing relationships and producing reports for stakeholders (internal and external) in line with KPIs and set targets.
- Ensuring the effective monitoring and reporting of programmes with external stakeholders.
Candidates should have the following:
- Commitment to increasing numbers of engineers for the benefit of UK engineering
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to think strategically and plan activity accordingly
- Confidence and skilled at presenting to others
- Be an aspirational role model, both internally and externally
Ideal candidates will be a graduate at 2.1 or higher and possess relevant academic grounding in business management and development, with a minimum 2 years’ experience. Consideration will be given to newly graduated students who have some relevant work experience or someone who has strong experience in the area of fundraising. Having excellent organisational and interpersonal skills, a good current knowledge of the STEM education sector with experience of university engagement would also be an advantage.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.