This role is based in the UK and open to individuals with unrestricted right to live and work in the UK. At this stage we are unable to offer sponsorship opportunities. Therefore, you must currently hold the right to work in the UK.
Summary of the role:
Working with the Board of Trustees, the post holder will shape the strategic direction of Muslim Aid and lead Muslim Aid into its next phase of development and growth. The post holder will provide vision and leadership to Muslim Aid and the leadership team to ensure that the objectives of Muslim Aid are implemented.
The post holder will be responsible for building strategic partnerships and representing Muslim Aid in the sector, media and high-level key stakeholders. The post holder will grow Muslim Aid’s profile by promoting the impact it makes in the countries we work in.
About the Role:
The main responsibilities of this role will be:
- To provide effective leadership to Muslim Aid and be responsible for the management and administration of its strategic, policy and accountability framework laid down by the Board of Trustees.
- Together with the Chair enable the Board of Trustees to carry out its duties and responsibilities in the oversight, management and proper governance of Muslim Aid.
- To have overall responsibility for income generation and funding through sustainable and reliable income streams via government agencies, institutional donors, public donations, trusts and high net worth partnerships and collaborations.
- To develop, foster and manage effective relationships and Muslim Aid’s profile with internal and external stakeholders.
- To actively liaise and communicate with all legal, regulatory, government and non-government agencies and other key organisations on behalf of Muslim Aid.
You will have inspirational leadership skills, a proven track record of business development and a strong passion for serving humanity. You will have senior management experience, preferably in the non-profit sector, with an understanding of effective program development, advocacy with some fundraising credentials. You must have a clear and proper understanding of Islam in order to adhere to the teachings of the Quran and Sunnah. You must have sound knowledge of legal and regulatory requirements in order to effectively manage charity funds.
To be successful in this role:
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent.
- Experience of delivering a plan to develop the organisation in a systematic approach – one that aligns strategy, people and processes and builds effective new systems.
- Experience in creating a financially sustainable organisation with diversified income streams.
- Ability to create a durable bond between our donor communities and wider mainstream society by anchoring our programmatic work domestically.
- Ability to generate new opportunities and skills to identify and realise key partnerships and funding.
- Ability to lead in influencing and advocate on behalf those we help to raise awareness amongst the communities we work in. Convene and participate in meetings that advocate for change, increase awareness and support for the causes we support.
Why you should apply:
We are looking for a focused and inspiring CEO who will enjoy full strategic responsibility in leading Muslim Aid during a period of transformation. You will build on, lead and mentor the leadership team to deliver exceptional results. This role is an exciting opportunity of developing an organisation driven by innovation, data and digital to improve the organisation’s performance, program delivery, efficiency and donor satisfaction.
You will be joining a supportive and a diverse INGO, built upon Islamic values. Muslim Aid offer a 35-hour week, generous holiday allowance of 37 days (including bank holidays), flexible working and encourage a healthy work-life balance.
Muslim Aid’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children and vulnerable adults in our care/employment. Successful candidates will be expected to undergo a DBS check and an Experian Credit Check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief or age.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until closing date; however, Muslim Aid reserves the right to initiate interviews and the selection process on a rolling basis with the aim of identifying an appropriate candidate as quickly as possible.
NOTE: We will review your application and see if you are a good fit for the position, and for us. Due to the volume of applicants we may be unable to contact you, but if you are shortlisted for an interview, we will be in contact with yo