Title: Country Director Bangladesh
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Employment Type: Full-time
Duration: 3 years
Contract Type: Fixed-term
Type of Posting: Accompanied (if expat)
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Application deadline: 09 September 2019
Who we are?
Muslim Aid is a UK-based relief & development organisation established in 1985. It has country offices in Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Cambodia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Somalia and Sudan. We have been working in Bangladesh since 1991, with a country office in Dhaka, branch offices around the country and approximately 220 staff.
Who we are looking for?
We are looking for a Country Director who will provide dynamic leadership and management to develop and deliver Muslim Aid‘s strategy in Bangladesh, with a focus on leading and building a high-performing, diverse team and on developing strong relationships with external stakeholders that are critical to Muslim Aid’s growth and reputation in the country.
Some of the duties (amongst others) of this role are as follows:
- To ensure the country office’s programme strategy is responding to the country’s critical development and humanitarian needs, and is aligned to Muslim Aid’s global strategy, mission and values.
- To ensure that a comprehensive monitoring, evaluation and lessons learning system, including external third party M&E is in place.
- To secure funding in order to enable programme growth and sustainability.
- To line manage the country team and the work in the country, which will include: staff, budgets, funding (both institutional and local) and ensure programme delivery in accordance with Muslim Aid policies and procedures.
- To ensure that effective and secure budgetary control of the programmes’ finances and expenditures are established and maintained, in line with Muslim Aid’s financial policy and procedures.
- To ensure that the statutory accounts of the office are annually audited by an external auditor appointed for a fixed term in consultation with HQ.
Essentials Requirements (amongst others) for this role:
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience working in a Country Director or Regional Director role or other senior level leadership/management position in an INGO environment.
- Considerable experience of international development work, including project or programme management.
- Experience of working with organisations in developing countries, ideally in South and Southeast Asia.
- Experience of multiple donor grant management and reporting to major donors.
Please read the Job Specification attached for full details on the requirements of the role.
How to apply?
Submit your detailed resume/CV and save your CV as “your first and last name – CV”. Please quote “CD Bangladesh” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Muslim Aid’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children and vulnerable adults in our care/employment. Successful candidates will be expected to undergo a background check (with your consent).
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief or age.