Who we are:
Muslim Aid are an International not-for-profit providing support to communities around the world affected by disasters, conflict or endemic poverty without regard to their social, religious, or ethnic background.
We place strong emphasis on long-term development projects that build the capacity of local people helping themselves. In addition to the 11 country offices worldwide we also work with multiple partner offices focussing on sustainable development programmes and providing humanitarian relief during times of crisis.
Summary of the role:
Working within an expanding data insights team, you will be responsible for the delivery of insight and analysis across Muslim Aid as well as managing the Data Import Function. You will be responsible for providing regular insights, ensuring data is accurate through the development of internal policies and best-practice data process.
About the Role:
Working closely with Fundraising & Communications department, you will take responsibility for the provision of accurate data selections and segmentation for a wide range of fundraising and marketing activities. You will also work closely with the Supporter Relations Team to ensure that supporter communication activities, campaign coding and communication histories are recorded on the database accurately and effectively. You will contribute to building and maintaining a robust and accurate database in order to support our ambitious fundraising plan.
The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
- To produce quality analysis that is timely and utilises methods to achieve the best possible insights with the information available.
- To support the team’s analysis service through the provision of both regular and ad hoc reporting, marketing campaigns results summaries and other related analysis projects.
- To deliver marketing selections, segmentations, bespoke analysis and campaign performance reports in an accurate and timely fashion.
- To support the implementation of supporter hierarchies and rules of engagement to develop supporter journeys.
- Support the devising, implementing and monitoring of test activity that will enable us to learn more about how best to engage our supporters.
- To work closely with the fundraising and campaigning teams to understand their strategies, plans and needs to develop informative reporting.
- Work closely with Supporter Experience staff to ensure we constantly improve our supporter services processes particularly in how we use our database to develop a personalised supporter experience.
The ideal candidate will have a genuine interest in working for an INGO and understand the key role data insights can play in enhancing the humanitarian work of Muslim Aid.
You will have:
- A track record in delivering business intelligence, insight, or customer loyalty in a highly complex organisation.
- Experience of carrying out business analysis to inform evidence-based decision making and an understanding of how CRM systems.
- Good working understanding of analytical tools or languages (relational databases/ CRM), reporting tools and consolidation with third party data.
- Experience of the exploitation of a range of analytical techniques, including statistical analysis and demonstrable experience of solving complex business problems.
- An undergraduate degree in a related subject.
Why you should apply:
If you are self-motivated, with the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy this role is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Data Analyst to be able to support Muslim Aid in becoming truly data-informed and data-driven.
You will be joining a supportive, highly-skilled, passionate organisation as a specialist in your field. Muslim Aid offer a 35-hour week, generous holiday allowance of 37 days (including bank holidays), flexible working and encourage a healthy work-life balance.
How to apply:
To apply please submit your cover letter (no more than 1 page) and CV to us.
Muslim Aid’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children and vulnerable adults in our care/employment. Successful candidates will be expected to undergo a DBS check. In addition, all successful candidates for finance roles will undergo an Experian Credit Check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief or age.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until closing date, however, Muslim Aid reserves the right to initiate interviews and the selection process on a rolling basis with the aim of identifying an appropriate candidate as quickly as possible.