This role is based in the UK and open to individuals with unrestricted right to live and work in the UK. At this stage we are unable to offer sponsorship opportunities and are unable to progress applications which require sponsorship. Therefore, you must currently hold an unrestricted right to work in the UK.
Who we are:
Muslim Aid is a UK faith-based international development organisation that provides support to communities around the world affected by disasters, conflict, or endemic poverty without regard to their social, religious, or ethnic background.
Established in 1985, Muslim Aid has facilitated the engagement of the British Muslim and non-Muslim community in support of its work in a variety of ways. Over the years, its humanitarian work has included responses to major crises around the world including, famine in East Africa, earthquakes and flooding in Pakistan and Bangladesh as well as conflicts in Syria and Yemen.
Summary of the role:
Develop and deliver a comprehensive organisational, administrative and management support service to the CEO and management team. Oversee the smooth running of the CEO office and support in the preparation of all meetings, visitors and tasks as directed. The Executive Assistant will also support the good functioning of the Board of Trustees in all related matters and be an excellent communicator, managing the Board cycle and be familiar with working at a Project Management level (PMO).
About the Role:
Duties to the CEO:
- Develop a thorough understanding of Muslim Aid’s work areas to ensure strategic linkages/appropriate dissemination of information/assignment of actions.
- Develop and maintain effective communication and liaison with high-end donors, Parliamentarians, Diplomats, VIPs, Government officials, Executives of partner organisations and with all Muslim Aid Departments/Country Offices.
- Develop, maintain and review an effective system to fully brief and prepare the CEO ahead of meetings/events.
Duties to the Board of Trustees:
- To ensure that administration systems are developed, maintained and reviewed to achieve maximum efficiency for the Board.
- To coordinate relevant Trustee meetings including notifying members, preparation of agenda and board papers, minute-taking and hospitality.
- To respond to queries from the Board in a timely and professional manner, both orally and in writing.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- To be educated to bachelor’s degree level.
- To be experienced in providing diary management and support directors and senior managers.
- To be experienced in handling confidential information and an up-to-date knowledge of GDPR legislation.
- To have the ability to manage a heavy and demanding workload and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- To have the highest level of professionalism, discretion and diplomacy in dealing with confidential information, sensitive issues and high-profile contacts.
Why you should apply:
Great opportunity for a dynamic, confident and accomplished Executive Assistant to support the CEO expanding your skills in a challenging and exciting environment.
Benefits you will enjoy if you work for us:
- 37 days holiday (including Bank Holidays and Privilege days) Pro rata
- Hybrid working
- Employee benefits with Perkbox
- Paid time off for medical appointments
- 2 hours lunch break on Fridays
- Time off in Lieu (TOIL)
How to apply:
Please apply through our website link below.
We are interviewing on a rolling basis so apply at your earliest convenience. We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.