Role: Finance Manager
Location: Yangon, Myanmar (with frequent field visits)
Salary: Up to USD 4,000 (depending on experience)
Application closing: Applications will be accepted until 09 August 2019. However, MA-UK will initiate interviews and the selection process for the role on a rolling basis from 05 July 2019with the aim to have this position filled as soon as an appropriate candidate is identified.
Qualified international and Myanmar national candidates are both welcomed to apply.
Who we are?
As part of the Muslim Aid’s global operations, The MA-UK Myanmar Country office was established following the inter-communal violence in Rakhine State in 2012. Since then the country office has been providing support to communities in Myanmar that are affected by disasters, conflict or endemic poverty without regard to their social, religious, or ethnic background. MA-UK Myanmar is currently working in Rakhine State, Yangon, Mandalay Division, Shan State including most-recent expansion in Kachin and Chin State. The country office serves over 300 thousand people through our programs that include healthcare, maternal and child health and nutrition, sustainable livelihood and economy empowerment, water and sanitation, education and disaster risk reduction.
Who we are looking for?
The Finance Manager (FM) is responsible for providing financial management, planning, monitoring and reporting of everyday financial activities of all country programmes in Myanmar and subsequently provide advice and guidance to senior management on future financial plans.
Some of the duties (amongst others) of this role are as follows:
- Develop long-term vision and action planning achieving significant positive impact on financial management & accountability within the country programme.
- Lead and develop finance strategic objectives that responds to programme delivery needs in Myanmar.
- Collaborate with the Head of Programmes and Country Director to identify finance needs, financial management issues and develop strategies to address them, optimizing funding opportunities of the country programmes in line with country priorities and the corporate framework.
- Ensure that all financial procedures are consistent with corporate and in-country standards and policies, and are clearly defined, understood and operated effectively; ensuring transparent financial accountability within the organization.
- Conduct short periods of research or project work to document experience and build up institutional learning on financial aspects of organisation’s work.
Essentials Requirements (amongst others) for this role:
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification.
- Educated to masters / Post-graduate degree level from recognized university in the field of Finance, Business Management or any other relevant discipline or demonstrable equivalent experience
- Substantial proven post qualification experience working in a similar position in an INGO, including Senior Management experience, preferably in similar context
- Demonstrable experience of funding streams to the charity sector, particularly in institutional grants.
Please read the Job Specification attached for full details on the requirements of the role.
How to apply ?
Submit your cover letter and detailed resume/CV . Please quote “Finance Manager” in the subject line.
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children and vulnerable adults in our care/employment. Successful candidates will be expected to undergo a background check (with your consent).
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief or age.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Address: No. 73(A-1), Pyay Road Dagon Township, Yangon, Myanmar 11191