This role is based in the UK and open to individuals with unrestricted right to live and work in the UK. At this stage we are unable to offer sponsorship opportunities and are unable to progress applications which require sponsorship. Therefore, you must currently hold an unrestricted right to work in the UK.
Summary of the role:
The Head of Fundraising & Marketing is a key member of Muslim Aid’s Leadership Team with responsibility for developing our fundraising and marketing communication strategy and overseeing all marketing communication activities across the organisation.
The post holder will be responsible for raising and growing revenue, will design and implement a sustainable development strategy to increase philanthropic revenue from a diverse portfolio of supporters across the UK. They will mentor and lead a team of fundraisers to achieve ambitious revenue and renewal goals year over year, while delivering excellent stewardship experiences for our supporters.
About the Role:
Working closely with staff and partners at both Muslim Aid in London and in the country offices, you will support and lead fundraising and marketing communication efforts throughout Muslim Aid.
The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Provide strategic values-driven leadership and inspiring management to the team, motivating and supporting individuals in their work.
- Embed MA values and promote a culture of learning, professionalism, collaboration and innovation.
- Build on the areas of High Net Worth and CSR in regards to income generated from corporate, major donor and trusts so that these areas become part of our sustainable fundraising foundation.
- Design and deliver MA’s cross organisational fundraising and marketing communication strategy with a focus on sustainable and reliable unrestricted income generation.
- Increase and diversify existing and new revenue streams specifically digital, CSR and Private Philanthropy.
- Improve, establish and implement digital platforms as a basis for growth in individual giving and community fundraising.
- Champion the supporter journey and digital innovation, ensuring an excellent supporter care programme is developed, keeping up to date on key trends, best practice and fundraising law.
- Provide effective marketing communication leadership for the organisation in collaboration with key stakeholders and drive forward transformational integrated marketing activities and campaigns.
- Working with key stakeholders, drive our digital strategy, injecting creativity and expertise in to our digital offering and keeping up to date with latest developments in all our countries, rolling out new ideas and activities where appropriate.
- Oversee all activities and strategies for branding and positioning issues for MA globally. Ensure our Muslim Aid brand works for, and is embedded in, all parts of our organisation.
This role is based in the UK and open to individuals with unrestricted right to live and work in the UK. At this stage we are unable to offer sponsorship opportunities.
To be successful in this role:
- Educated to degree standard or equivalent.
- Extensive experience of working at a senior level in an INGO/Charity sector.
- Experience of developing a fundraising and marketing strategy to maximise income growth.
- Experience across diverse fields of fundraising including individual, major and corporate funding and understanding of key fundraising markets.
- Strategic, innovative and results driven professional with a track record of success.
- Confident and inspiring communicator with strong portfolio of contacts.
- Ability to contribute to overall leadership and development of Organisation and bring MA’s fundraising, marketing communication and programme work closer together.
Why you should apply:
If you are passionate about fundraising and an inspiring communicator, who would enjoy leading a team that is committed to what they do and where they work, this role is an exciting opportunity for a strategic values-driven leader wanting to leave their mark. If you feel that you have a strong commitment to Muslim Aid’s values and beliefs then this may be the role for you.
Muslim Aid’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children and vulnerable adults in our care/employment. Successful candidates will be expected to undergo a DBS check. In addition, all successful candidates for finance roles will undergo an Experian Credit Check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief or age.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until closing date, however, Muslim Aid reserves the right to initiate interviews and the selection process on a rolling basis with the aim of identifying an appropriate candidate as quickly as possible.
NOTE: We will review your application and see if you are a good fit for the position, and for us. Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to contact everyone so if you are selected to continue to the interview process, we will be in contact with you.