- Head of Humanitarian Programmes
- Full Time
- Location: London
- Closing Date: 06 November 2019
Who we are:
Muslim Aid are an International not-for-profit providing support to communities around the world affected by disasters, conflict or endemic poverty without regard to their social, religious, or ethnic background.
We place strong emphasis on long-term development projects that build the capacity of local people helping themselves. In addition to the 11 country offices worldwide we also work with multiple partner offices focussing on sustainable development programmes and providing humanitarian relief during times of crisis.
What you’ll be doing:
Based in the London HQ, this crucial role will lead Muslim Aid’s global emergency surge management through the continual development and management of humanitarian capacity and surge resources ensuring high quality programme delivery to communities affected by disasters. This includes responding to slow and rapid onset emergencies and supporting communities to become resilient to future shocks. In all its work, Muslim Aid ensures focus is on the affected population.
The post holder will contribute to the development of the global humanitarian programme strategy whilst providing operational management assistance, funding and programmatic support to the humanitarian team, country offices and working in close coordination with the Regional teams and the International Programmes Directorate. The post also acts as a focal point for World Humanitarian Summit, CHS, and related advocacy issues.
Who we are looking for:
To be successful in this role you will have:
- The right to live and work in the UK with no relevant restrictions (we can not offer sponsorship at this stage)
- Significant experience in Disaster Management at national and international level with an International NGO.
- Knowledge of disaster management and a good understanding of relevant humanitarian and policy issues.
- Knowledge and understanding of International Humanitarian System and the WHS.
- Demonstrated understanding in most of the following sectors: Disaster and response management; Community managed disaster preparedness activities; Government (s) led Disaster Management System.
- Knowledge of the dynamics of national partner organisations and role of the Government, INGOs and UN agencies in humanitarian settings.
- Good knowledge of best practices in surge capacity.
- Relevant qualifications in a related field.
Why you should apply:
You will be joining a supportive, highly-skilled, passionate organisation as a specialist in your field. If you are interested in providing high quality programme delivery and developing the Muslim Aid humanitarian capacity and surge resources this role could be a fascinating opportunity to develop your career. Muslim Aid offer a 35-hour week, generous holiday allowance of 37 days (including bank holidays), flexible working and encourage a healthy work-life balance.
How to apply:
To apply please submit your cover letter (no more than 1 page) and CV to us.
Muslim Aid’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children and vulnerable adults in our care/employment. Successful candidates will be expected to undergo a DBS check. In addition, all successful candidates for finance roles will undergo an Experian Credit Check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief or age.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until closing date, however, Muslim Aid reserves the right to initiate interviews and the selection process on a rolling basis with the aim of identifying an appropriate candidate as quickly as possible.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.