Who we are:
Muslim Aid is a British, faith-based international development organisation that provides support to communities around the world affected by disasters, conflict or endemic poverty without regard to their social, religious, or ethnic background.
What you will be doing:
To lead the Information Systems department and align department strategy with organizational strategy, including driving through significant change with the implementation of a global Enterprise Resource Platform (ERP).
To have oversight of all aspects of the technology portfolio to transform the Information Systems function into a business enabler. To lead the development of ERP Systems (Finance, CRM, HR, Project Management, SharePoint, Web), Business Intelligence, Cloud Computing and driving technology inspired change across the wider organisation.
The key accountabilities for this role are:
- Develop and deliver an international IS strategy to meet the current and future needs of Muslim Aid, overseeing the implementation of key business systems.
- Manage and direct the overall IS function and build capacity overseas in country offices. As such, lead all aspects of the system life cycle (define, design, procure, decommission, migration, go live, early support, phased improvements).
- Develop a programme of IT change overseeing all technology roadmaps and monitor them driving delivery according to established goals.
- Specifically lead the design and development of a new CRM (Dynamics) meeting multiple stakeholder needs (Fundraising, Marketing, Programmes, Institutional Funding etc.).
- Ensure the Service Desk operates at a high level and delivers excellent customer service to all staff both here in the UK and overseas.
- Act as senior adviser to the Chief Operating Officer, Directors and Senior Managers with expert advice on all technology related matters and UK information laws.
Why you’ll be hired:
The successful candidate will hold a degree or equivalent and a professional qualification in a relevant field demonstrating competencies of core concepts in e.g. ITIL, COBIT, TOGAF, PRINCE2, Agile/Scrum. You will have significant experience of managing and leading a complex ICT function in an international organization, within a matrix structure.
You will have experience of developing and establishing strategies and work plans which help to deliver the wider organisational objectives, in relation to ICT management and development and experience in the international development and humanitarian sector.
If this role excites you and you are keen to make a genuine impact in a growing organisation, please submit your CV and cover letter (no more than 1 page) to us.
Muslim Aid’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children and vulnerable adults in our care/employment. Successful candidates will be expected to undergo a DBS check (Basic, Standard or Enhanced depending on the role). In addition, all successful candidates for finance roles will undergo an Experian Credit Check.