Title: Health and Nutrition Programme Manager
Contract Type: Full time
Employment Type: Fixed-term (2 years)
Salary: £27,000 - £34,000 plus benefits
Location: Sudan, Khartoum
Application Deadline: one ended
This role is an unaccompanied placement and relocation costs will be covered.
Who we are?
Muslim Aid’s Sudan field office was set up in 1991 in response to the strategic need and to enable the continuation of effective aid work in the country.The office is based in Khartoum and currently has 16 members of office staff, and 47 field officers.
Within the last couple of years Muslim Aid Sudan's Field office has implemented various projects under the area of Emergency Relief and Rehabilitation, Education, Health care, Economic Empowerment, WASH and Rainbow Family.
What you’ll be doing:
We are looking to recruit an experienced Health and Nutrition Programme Manager for our Sudan office and will work closely with the Country Director Sudan and Project Coordinators to ensure programme development and quality of the health and nutrition programmes as well as food security and livelihood programmes. The position holder will focus on project design and development of programmes ensuring high level of project design standards. In addition, the position holder will focus on quality implementation of health and nutrition project following the project management standards.
Amongst other duties in this role you will:
- Ensure quality and timely field level implementation of the health and nutrition programme against set objectives, targets, work plans
- Lead the health and nutrition team and ensure quality implementation of the programme
- Enhance integration of nutrition activities with other key health programs
- Lead contributions to the annual planning and reporting processes for Health and Nutrition
Why you’ll be hired
The following are essential criteria’s for this role:
- A relevant professional qualification in a related field (eg: MBBS, Master’s in Public Health, Nutrition, Development Studies or other)
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience in managing health and/or nutrition programmes
- Strong experience in project grants management for large and complex projects, including project design, budget preparation, expenditure tracking, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, etc
- Substantial experience with successful business development activities capturing significant public and private donor funding, including proposal coordination, proposal writing, and agreement negotiation.
Why and How you should apply:
This will be a challenging role working in a fast-paced and busy environment. If you have the drive and passion to be our Health and Nutrition Programme Manager, then please send us your CV and complete the application form and submit them to the email mentioned on this job board.
APPLICATIONS FOR THIS ROLE SUMBMITTED WITHOUT AN APPLICATION FORM WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. ADDITIONALLY, INCOMPLETE APPLICATION FORMS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED EITHER, PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU COMPLETE THE APPLICATION FORM FULLY AND SUBMIT IT ALONG WITH YOUR CV.
Please see JD attached.
Due to the expected high response to this vacancy we reserve the right to close this campaign once we have a suitable pool of applicants.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome all applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, faith or disability
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children and vulnerable adults. Successful candidates will be expected to undergo a background check or a DBS check if you reside in the UK.