Application Deadline: 04 October 2020
Summary of Role
The role is a 1 year fixed term position.The post holder will be responsible for the development and implementation of effective and coordinated MEAL systems across Muslim Aid’s programmes in support of quality service delivery.
The MEAL Coordinator’s mandate covers all Muslim Aid programmes. You will be responsible for the effective delivery of our new Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning policies and procedures in the UK and overseas. The primary objectives are to:
- Learn from past experience;
- Improve service delivery, planning and resource allocation; and
- Demonstrate accountability to ourselves and our stakeholders.
About the Role
As the MEAL Coordinator you will be working closely with staff and partners at both Muslim Aid in London (HQ) and in the Country Offices, supporting and leading on MEAL efforts throughout Muslim Aid.The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Provide strategic guidance on Muslim Aid’s MEAL services.
- In close coordination with Muslim Aid HQ, country teams and other affiliates and partners, design and implement systems, processes and tools that ensure quality, consistency and best practices in planning, monitoring, evaluation, reporting, accountability and learning.
- Review, apply and monitor Muslim Aid MEAL policies and procedures to ensure they are fit for purpose.
- Design and deliver key learning projects that incorporate the use of robust evidence into future programme design.
- Support all Muslim Aid programme teams and partners in the process of tailoring MEAL tools and practices to different country contexts and programmatic (e.g. emergency), while ensuring consistency of Muslim Aid’s MEAL policy.
- Conduct training for Muslim Aid HQ and country office staff on programme standards and best practices, develop their knowledge, skills and competencies needed for effective monitoring, evaluation, learning and accountability.
- Provide comprehensive analysis and presentation of MEAL information on Muslim Aid programmes.
- Compile Muslim Aid HQ and country monitoring data into clear reports, which reflect activities, outputs and outcomes, provide accountability, and demonstrate impact.
This role is based in the UK and open to individuals with unrestricted right to live and work in the UK. At this stage we are unable to offer sponsorship opportunities.
To be successful in this role:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject.
- Strong technical knowledge of M&E theory, MEAL systems and processes.
- Proven experience in reviewing, monitoring and evaluating programmes, and using quantitative and qualitative methods and approaches.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys, developing and refining data collection tools, and with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Experience of working within an international organisation.
- Manage complex information relating to projects, question inaccuracies and present information in an understandable and approachable way.
Why you should Apply
If you are self-motivated, with the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy this role is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious MEAL Coordinator.
You will be joining a supportive, highly-skilled, passionate organisation as a specialist in your field. Muslim Aid offer a 35-hour week, generous holiday allowance of 37 days (including bank holidays), flexible working and encourage a healthy work-life balance.
How to Apply:
To apply please ensure that you complete Muslim Aid Application Form.
Muslim Aid’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children and vulnerable adults in our care/employment. Successful candidates will be expected to undergo a DBS check. In addition, all successful candidates for finance roles will undergo an Experian Credit Check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief or age.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until closing date, however, Muslim Aid reserves the right to initiate interviews and the selection process on a rolling basis with the aim of identifying an appropriate candidate as quickly as possible.