This role is based in the UK and open to individuals with unrestricted right to live and work in the UK. At this stage we are unable to offer sponsorship opportunities. Therefore, you must currently hold the right to work in the UK.
Summary of the role:
To develop and provide a comprehensive organisational, administrative and programme support service to the CEO by proactively managing and overseeing the CEOs’ meetings.
About the Role:
Some of the main responsibilities of this role will be:
- To facilitate the planning of meetings, attend and take minutes with follow up actions of routine meetings for the Leadership Team, Board and subcommittee meetings.
- To respond to queries from the Board in a timely and professional manner, both verbally and in writing.
- To coordinate and collate departmental reports and documentation in preparation for monthly and quarterly meetings with the Leadership Team, Board and Subcommittees.
- To draft, type and dispatch all Board correspondences
- To develop a thorough understanding of Muslim Aid’s work areas in order to ensure strategic linkages/appropriate dissemination of information/assignment of actions.
- To provide general administrative services for the CEO and the Board.
To be successful in this role:
- Educated to a minimum of A level or equivalent.
- Experience of working in a similar role supporting Senior Executives and/or Leadership Teams.
- Experience of working in a confidential manner, dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to engage with stakeholders and people from diverse faiths, cultural and educational backgrounds.
- Highly organised with the ability to work under pressure to agreed deadlines.
- Ability to produce accurate, concise and timely minutes of meetings and draft / edit written documents and correspondence independently.
Why you should apply:
If you are an extremely organised PA with a desire to learn and add value by supporting Muslim Aid’s busy, friendly and supportive CEO then this may be the role for you.
Benefits you will enjoy if you work for us:
- 37 days holiday (including Bank Holidays and Privilege days)
- Flexible working conditions, including home working
- Employee benefits with Perkbox
- Free eye tests
- Paid time off for medical appointments
- 2 hours lunch break on Fridays
- Time off in Lieu (TOIL)
Please ensure that you complete the application form for this position.
Once we have received your application we will review your application and see if you are a good fit for the position, and for us. Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to contact everyone so if you are selected to continue to the interview process, we will be in contact with you.
Muslim Aid’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children and vulnerable adults in our care/employment. Successful candidates will be expected to undergo a DBS check. In addition, all successful candidates for finance roles will undergo an Experian Credit Check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief or age.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until closing date, however, Muslim Aid reserves the right to initiate interviews and the selection process on a rolling basis with the aim of identifying an appropriate candidate as quickly as possible.
NOTE: We will review your application and see if you are a good fit for the position, and for us. Due to the volume of applicants, we are unable to contact everyone so if you are selected to continue to the interview process, we will be in contact with you.