Who we are:
Muslim Aid is a British, faith-based international development organisation that provides support to communities around the world affected by disasters, conflict or endemic poverty without regard to their social, religious, or ethnic background.
What you’ll be doing:
The Fundraising and Volunteers Co-ordinator is responsible for assisting the Regional Fundraising Manager in developing fundraising activities across the South of the UK. The focus of the role is to maximize income from a diverse range of community and innovative events to achieve agreed income targets.
This will include:
- Coordinating campaigns and fundraising activities at a regional level.
- Raising funds with key stakeholders such as schools, businesses, mosques, community groups and the general public.
- Organising and co-ordinating fundraising and promotional events for the region and replicating those nationally
- Identifying and researching local donor market- strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats
- In addition, you will recruit and supervise a targeted number of new volunteers and organise training sessions for volunteers to support fundraising activities.
- Manage the detail of the fundraising volunteer plans, knowing and understanding targets and reporting on these.
Who we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will have experience in building and delivering a fundraising programme and of securing income across a range of fundraising disciplines, especially from individuals and major donors. It is essential that you have a clear understanding of the different types of Muslim organisations and the Muslim community and have experience of direct accountability for financial or other targets.
Why you should apply:
If you are self-motivated, with the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy this role is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Fundraiser to be able to lead on, build and develop their part of the wider fundraising strategy. You will be joining a supportive, highly-skilled, passionate organisation as a specialist in your field.
How to apply:
To apply please submit your cover letter (no more than 1 page) and CV to us.
Muslim Aid’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children and vulnerable adults in our care/employment. Successful candidates will be expected to undergo a DBS check (Basic, Standard or Enhanced depending on the role). In addition, all successful candidates for finance roles will undergo an Experian Credit Check.