Who we are:
Muslim Aid are an International not-for-profit providing support to communities around the world affected by disasters, conflict or endemic poverty without regard to their social, religious, or ethnic background.
We place strong emphasis on long-term development projects that build the capacity of local people helping themselves. In addition to the 11 country offices worldwide we also work with multiple partner offices focussing on sustainable development programmes and providing humanitarian relief during times of crisis.
Summary of the role:
The Supporter Relations department acts as the guardian of the Muslim Aid brand as well as being the source of knowledge for enquiries and contact from supporters (Donors, Campaigners, Volunteers, Customers etc) and the wider general public. This includes being up to date and knowledgeable about the new and existing international projects we deliver, campaigns, appeals etc. and liaise with various departments.
You will provide critical support answering queries, promoting our services/products and processing donations. You will be required to enter records accurately onto the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system and to maintain a high level of accuracy in all management information.
About the Role:
The main responsibilities of this role will be to:
- Provide excellent service on a daily basis. This role will be the first point of contact for all internal and external supporter related queries.
- Ensure all calls are answered promptly and handled appropriately, and to take telephone donations when necessary.
- Respond to all incoming enquiries from current and prospective supporters (phone, mail and online) in line with agreed briefs and procedures.
- Create and amend supporter records on CRM and record all relevant correspondence
- Provide live support between 9:30-17:30 to all stakeholders on the online chat service.
- Process all invoices for the Supporter Relations & Data Insights functions.
This role is based in the UK and open to individuals with unrestricted right to live and work in the UK. At this stage we are unable to offer sponsorship opportunities.
To be successful in this role:
- You will have experience of working in a customer service role, gained within the charity or commercial sector.
- You must have a genuine interest in working in the charity sector, preferably INGO, and creating an excellent experience for our supporters.
- You must have experience working in a busy environment, prioritising activities and managing multiple, conflicting priorities
- You must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to liaise effectively with people at various levels. This includes a high standard of written and spoken English.
- You will be educated to A-level or equivalent.
Why you should apply:
If you are self-motivated, with the ability to work with a high degree of autonomy this role is an exciting opportunity for a strong communicator with great attention to detail and a passion for customer service to join the Muslim Aid family. You will be joining a supportive, highly-skilled, passionate organisation. Muslim Aid offer a 35-hour week, generous holiday allowance of 37 days (including bank holidays), flexible working and encourage a healthy work-life balance.
How to apply:
To apply please note that due to the high volume of applicants for this role an application without a cover letter will not be considered. Please submit your cover letter (no more than 1 page) and CV to us.
Muslim Aid’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to the safety and protection of children and vulnerable adults in our care/employment. Successful candidates will be expected to undergo a DBS check. In addition, all successful candidates for finance roles will undergo an Experian Credit Check.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief or age.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications will be accepted until closing date, however, Muslim Aid reserves the right to initiate interviews and the selection process on a rolling basis with the aim of identifying an appropriate candidate as quickly as possible.