X 2 POSITIONS!
Vacancy Reference Number:
Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
& Remotely, until further notice.
Hours of Work:
Full-time, 35 hours per week
(Up to) £19,000.00 (pro Rata, commensurate with experience)
Terms of Employment:
[Extendable] 3-Months’ Fixed-Term Contract (with a 2-weeks’ Probationary Period)
Application Process & Closing Date:
Send an up-to-date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email by no later than 26th March 2021
- Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold Skype Interview with Muslim Hands; therefore, please include your Skype ID in your application.
- Deadline for applications is 26th March 2021 however we reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
Muslim Hands is a UK based international relief organisation working in over 40 countries worldwide. The Head Office in Nottingham and a fundraising team in Whitechapel London; occasional travel between the two locations. Muslim Hands UK is seeking an enthusiastic and passionate individual to join our team during an exciting period of growth and change as we have ambitious plans to grow our activities by 2020.
To work closely with the Accounts Manager ensuring that all departmental targets and expectations are met in timely manner.
- To process donations according to their intended methods; Cheques, Postal Orders, Cash, Online and electronic donations.
- To process and issue receipts to donors in a transparent and efficient manner.
- To process and issue certificates to donors wishing to make ‘Great Charity Gifts’ ensuring the recipients names and plaque details correspond.
- Undertake banking activities to ensure objectives are met on a daily basis.
- To manage and balance daily funds (inwards).
- Deal with donor queries and requests
- To remediate inaccurate donations.
- To liaise and make payments to service providers on behalf of Muslim Hands.
- To process internal requisitions for funds to be allocated overseas.
- To process the release of funds to overseas offices ensuring this is achieved in a timely fashion.
- To administer and process overseas regular donors’ payments.
- Support with Fundraising activities from time-to-time
- Undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by line manager
- To adhere to all Muslim Hands Policy
- Providing support with maintaining and monitoring of Departmental Budgets.
- Providing support with the management of all Invoices Raised, Ledgers and Expenses.
- Providing support with the reconciliation of all Accounts.
- Providing support with Processing Sales Invoices, Receipts and Payments.
- Checking company bank statements
- Preparing cash flow statements
- Dealing with financial paperwork and filing
- Dealing with Accounts related queries, concerns and comments from external agencies, donors and organisations in an efficient and effective manner.
- Demonstrating Muslim Hands’ values and ethics in own working practices, approach and conduct
Essential for Successful Candidate:
a. Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands; OR
b. Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role.
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge within an Accounting and / or Finance role/ or supporting an Accounts Function
- Ability to demonstrate current eligibility to work within the United Kingdom
- Must be able to work as part of a team and individually demonstrating responsibility and self-initiative
- Familiarity with basic Accounting Software, Microsoft Office and online meeting platforms
- Working towards or qualified at AAT Level 3 (minimum), Graduate OR Part ACCA Qualified
- Possess working knowledge within an Accounting and / or Finance role within the Charity sector.
This role would suit someone who thrives working in a fast-paced environment and who enjoys facing challenges; often working to tight deadlines.
This is a very rewarding position for the right person. If you feel this is you, then please send your CV with a cover letter explaining why you feel you are suitable quoting the above reference number!!
NB: Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the closure date unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.