Vacancy Reference Number:
Donor Care Help Desk Officer
Call Centre Manager
FLEXIBLE – with frequent attendance Required at Muslim Hands UK, 595-597 Commercial Road, London, E1 0HJ.
Hours of Work:
Full-time, 35 hours per week
Up to £22,000 (depending on experience)
Terms of Employment:
Permanent Contract (with a 6-Month Probationary Period)
Application Process & Closing Date:
Send an up to date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email by no later than 24th January 2021
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Interviews: As and When Suitable Candidates Identified
Start: ASAP thereafter
- Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold Zoom or Skype Interview with Muslim Hands
- Please include your Skype ID in your application.
- Muslim Hands reserves the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found ahead of the ‘closing date’ [24th January 2021].
Donor Care Help Desk Officer
Muslim Hands is an international NGO working in over 40 countries around the globe. We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual to join our Donor Care team as a Donor Care Help Desk Officer.
We receive a large number of queries from donors and the general public whether via email, the website or other channels.
As a Help Desk Officer you will be responsible for:
- Managing all donor communications
- Working with others in the Donor Liaison and Contact Centre teams
- Ensure Donor queries are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Drafting responses
- Escalating issues that require assistance from other staff and other related duties.
This a busy job in a fast-paced environment and is well suited to those who enjoy multi-tasking and striving for 100% donor satisfaction.
This job involves heavy use of our help desk software.
Training will be provided but you should be able to demonstrate strong technical skills.
- Ability to demonstrate current eligibility to work within the United Kingdom
- Must be able to either:
- Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands; OR
- Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role.
- To demonstrate Muslim Hands’ values and ethics in own working practices, approach and conduct
- To support with Fundraising activities from time-to-time, committing to partake in approximately 5-Live-TV-Appeals during our peak periods.
- To undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by Line Manager
- To promote and adhere to all Muslim Hands Policies, Procedures and Professional Practices
- Customer / Donor Service experience
- Good time keeping and organisation skills
- Strong technical skills
- Confident and pleasant communication skills
- Be well versed in different fundraising requirements and strategies.
- Similar NGO/Charity experience
If you feel you meet the above criteria and you have a strong commitment to Muslim Hands values, goals and beliefs as well as a desire to improve all of our donors' experiences please apply!
- This Job Description / Specification is illustrative and non-exhaustive in scope.
- The post-holder may be required to undertake any reasonable tasks as and when required by Line Manager from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Organisation.
- Strong candidates applying from outside of London will be considered as this position could work remotely with occasional travel to the office if deemed necessary.
- Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the closure date unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.