Vacancy Reference Number:
Head of Programmes
Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
Hours of Work:
Full-time, 35 hours per week
(Up to) £40,000.00 per annum (commensurate with experience)
Terms of Employment:
Permanent Contract (with a 3-Month Probationary Period)
Application Process & Closing Date:
Send an up-to-date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email by no later than Wednesday, 17th February 2021
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Interviews: W/C 1st March 2021
Start: ASAP thereafter
Note: Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold a Zoom Interview with Muslim Hands.
Muslim Hands is a UK based international relief organisation working in over 40 countries worldwide. The Head Office in Nottingham and a fundraising team in Whitechapel London; occasional travel between the two locations. Muslim Hands UK is seeking an enthusiastic and passionate individual to join our team during an exciting period of growth and change as we have ambitious plans to grow our activities by 2025.
The Head of Programmes will ensure the implementation of the MH programmes Strategy, which encompasses the implementation of international programme.
The Head of UK Programmes will report to the Director of Programmes and manage the thematic programmes team.
The candidate will have demonstrable experience of successful delivery of international programmes and project management. Ideally will have experience and knowledge of WASH, Food, Health and Livelihood programmes.
- To ensure that the MH programmes strategy and theory of change for MH programmes aligns with and in support MH’s global strategy.
- Carry out regular performance and annual review of programmes based on strategic aims and KPI’s
- Programme Management
- Review proposals of proposed interventions to ensure innovative projects and programmes are designed adhering to sectoral standards, principles in accordance with guideline on humanitarian interventions and best practice
- Overseeing end to end cycle of the programme
- Effectively coordinate and liaise with partners to successfully implement interventions
- Ensure effective M&E arrangements through impact evaluation.
- Ensure the programme is in line with MH policies and procedures
- Ensure the effective use of the internal programme management system
- Ensure all programmes are in line with due diligence, risk procedures
- Finance and compliance
- To ensure effective implementation of projects through progress and financial reporting
- Develop MH programme budget
- Ensure that all records are maintained and stored appropriately in line with MH document management and IT policies
- Ensure documents and relevant procedures are correctly and appropriately applied.
- Networking and Influencing
- To significantly raise the profile and visibility of MH Program
- Represent MH on national and regional platforms. To develop understanding and support and to work in collaboration with faith-based and non-faith-based organisations
- Using MH and other networks with local CSOs and Government bodies to promote MH UK programmes
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to ensure the internal visibility of MH programmes
- Capacity Strengthening
- Provide insight into programme trends to all relevant internal stakeholders and become a champion for Programmes internally and externally
- Ensure the vision, values and aim of the programme continue to be embedded in all areas of work and are clearly communicated internally and externally.
- Ensuring areas of MH are in line with current Programmes trends
- To work closely with colleagues and partners with relevant technical expertise to ensure (planning, monitoring, fundraising, M&E and governance and other appropriate support is available for programmes.
- Communication and Marketing
- To provide key case studies to communication colleagues, in order to create further opportunities by highlighting key stories which heighten the awareness of the Programmes
- To undertake all tasks and duties in an effective, efficient, transparent, and wholly accountable manner
- To demonstrate Muslim Hands’ values and ethics in own working practices, approach and conduct.
- To support with Fundraising activities from time-to-time, committing to partake in fundraising activities and ensuring the availability of staff during our peak periods.
- To undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by Line Manager.
- To promote and adhere to all Muslim Hands Policies, Procedures and Professional Practices.
Note: This job description will change from time to time due to changes within the Organisation as well as the updating of procedures within your department. If there is a major change to your role then a new job description will be produced.
About the Successful Candidate:
- Ability to demonstrate current eligibility to work within the United Kingdom
- Must be able to either:
- Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands; OR
- Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role.
- Uphold Muslim Hands’ Organisational Values
- University Degree (BA, BSc).
- MBA, or masters level degree in International Development or related subject.
- Experience of programme management in low- and middle-income countries.
- Experience of leading and managing teams.
- Setting up new projects and programmes.
- Understanding of and working with monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Charities/INGO experience.
- Experience of working with institutional donors
This is a very rewarding position for the right person. If you feel this is you please send your CV with a cover letter explaining why you feel you are suitable quoting the above reference number!!
Deadline for applications is Wednesday, 17th February 2021, however, we reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
NB: Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the closure date unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.