Vacancy Reference Number:
Head of UK Programmes
Director of Programmes
FLEXIBLE – with Nationwide Travel
Attendance Frequently Required at Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
Hours of Work:
Full-time, 35 hours per week
- Dependant on Experience
Terms of Employment:
Permanent Contract (with a 3-Month Probationary Period)
Application Process & Closing Date:
Send an up to date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email by no later than 5th January 2021
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Interviews: As and When Suitable Candidates Identified
Start: ASAP thereafter
- Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold Skype Interview with Muslim Hands; therefore, please include your Skype ID in your application.
- Muslim Hands reserves the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found ahead of the ‘closing date’ [5th January 2021].
Muslim Hands is a UK faith based international relief and development organisation working in over 40 countries worldwide. The headquarters of Muslim Hands is based in Nottingham, with additional operational function of the - fundraising team located in London. There will be occasional travel between the two locations.
Muslim Hands UK is seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic and passionate individual to lead our UK programs work. The program has reached an exciting period of growth and change.
Purpose of Post: Delivery of an impactful and effective UK program with reach and support for the vulnerable in line with the UK engagement strategy.
Main purpose of the Role:
The Head of UK Programmes will ensure the development of the MH UK National Strategy, which encompasses the implementation of a UK programme with strategic partnership engagement plan.
The Head of UK Programmes will report to the Director of Programmes and manage the UK programmes team.
The candidate will have demonstrable experience of successful delivery of UK civil society programme and project management. Ideally will have experience and knowledge of poverty, – education and food sector in the UK.
- To ensure that the MH UK strategy and theory of change for MH programmes aligns with and in support MH’s global strategy.
- Carry out regular performance and annual review of UK programmes based on strategic aims and KPI’s
- Review proposals of proposed interventions to ensure innovative projects and programmes are designed adhering to sectoral standards, principles in accordance with UK guideline on humanitarian interventions and best practice
- Overseeing end to end cycle of the programme
- Effectively coordinate and liaise with partners to successfully implement interventions
- Ensure effective M&E arrangements through impact evaluation.
- Ensure the UK programme is in line with MH policies and procedures
- Ensure the effective use of the internal programme management system
- Ensure all UK programmes are in line with due diligence, risk procedures
Finance and Compliance
- To ensure effective implementation of projects through progress and financial reporting
- Develop MH UK programme budget
- Ensure that all records are maintained and stored appropriately in line with MH document management and IT policies
- Ensure documents and relevant procedures are correctly and appropriately applied.
Networking and Influencing
- To significantly raise the profile and visibility of MH UK Domestic Program
- To build and strengthen strategic national and local partnerships
- Represent MH on national and regional platforms. To develop understanding and support and to work in collaboration with faith-based and non-faith-based organisations
- Using MH and other networks with local CSOs and Government bodies to promote MH UK programmes
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to ensure the internal visibility of MH UK programmes
- Provide insight into UK CSO trends to all relevant internal stakeholders and become a champion for UK Programmes internally and externally
- Ensure the vision, values and aim of the UK domestic programme continue to be embedded in all areas of work and are clearly communicated internally and externally.
- Ensuring areas of MH are in line with current UK CSO trends
- To work closely with colleagues and partners with relevant technical expertise to ensure (planning, monitoring, fundraising, M&E and governance and other appropriate support is available for UK programmes.
Communication and Marketing
- To provide key case studies to communication colleagues, in order to create further opportunities by highlighting key stories which heighten the awareness of the UK Domestic Program
- To undertake all tasks and duties in an effective, efficient, transparent and wholly accountable manner
- To demonstrate Muslim Hands’ values and ethics in own working practices, approach and conduct
- To support with Fundraising activities from time-to-time, committing to partake in approximately 5-Live-TV-Appeals during our peak periods.
- To undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by Line Manager
- To promote and adhere to all Muslim Hands Policies, Procedures and Professional Practices
NB: This Job Description is illustrative and non-exhaustive in scope. The post-holder may be required to undertake any reasonable tasks as and when required by Line Manager from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Organisation
Person specification: -
- Ability to travel independently within the UK
- Thorough experience of working within UK civil society sector
- Ability to demonstrate current eligibility to work within the United Kingdom
- Must be able to either:
Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands;
Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role.
- Experience of Team management
- A Masters level or equivalent relevant qualification
- Project Management qualifications
Please register your interest and apply by sending in your current CV and a suitable covering letter.
Deadline for applications is 5th January 2021 however we reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
NB: Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the closure date unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.