Vacancy Reference Number:
Human Resources Assistant
Human Resources Manager
Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
Hours of Work:
Part-time, Up To 21-Hours Per Week, Negotiable
(Up to) £21,000.00 Pro Rata (commensurate with experience)
Terms of Employment:
12-Months' Fixed Term (Renewable / Extendable) with 6-Months' Probationary Period
Application Process & Closing Date:
Please send an introductory email telling us why you are suitable for the role along with your CV by no later than 12th February 2022.
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Start: ASAP thereafter
Note: Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold an Online Interview with Muslim Hands; therefore, please familiarise yourself with ZOOM, Team Link, MS Teams, and Skype post successful submission of your application.
Muslim Hands is a UK faith based international relief and development organisation working in over 40 countries worldwide. The headquarters of Muslim Hands is based in Nottingham, with additional operational function of the - fundraising team located in London. There will be occasional travel between the two locations.
Muslim Hands UK is seeking an enthusiastic, dynamic and passionate individual to support our HR Services. The Postholder will work cooperatively and collaboratively as part of the HR team, being integral in the provision of the required support and direct assistance with all aspects of the day-to-day running of the department. The HR Assistant shall progressively take ownership of a variety operational activities whilst ensuring all administrational expectations of the HR department are met to (and maintained at) a high standard.
- To develop relationships with and assist staff at all levels within the organisation by providing a comprehensive HR service, dealing with general HR enquiries face to face, by email, by telephone or by other approved means; including regularly representing the HR Department at other Muslim Hands’ sites in order to provide the same.
- To support with the delivery and attainment of the key performance indicators of the HR Department, aiming to achieve over and beyond the department’s expectations at every opportunity.
- To champion operational effectiveness of the HR Department and ensure the responsibilities of the post are conducted in a way that reflects the standards, vision and values of the organisation.
- To proactively support with the full life cycle of all staff recruited, from drafting / adding adverts, managing recruitment campaigns, adding new starters to our HR systems, induction, probation, absence management, variations of contracts, leavers to providing after-care.
- To effectively manage the ‘HR Inbox’ resolving queries and escalating/forwarding concerns to the HR Manager for effective decision making and resolution.
- To effectively and efficiently maintain the HR database(s) to ensure all staff records are comprehensively and accurately kept up to date and compliant with current UK legislation.
- To proactively promote excellence in regard to all Muslim Hands’ Values, Policies, Procedures and Processes including but not limited to Personnel Expectations, Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Well-being.
- To undertaking any other duties which may be reasonably regarded as within the nature of the duties, responsibilities and scope of the role.
- To support with Fundraising activities from time-to-time, committing to partake in live TV appeals during our peak periods.
- Ability to demonstrate current eligibility to work within the United Kingdom
- Must be able to either:
(1) Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands; OR (2) Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role.
- 2+ years' experience in similar role dealing with HR administration
- Good numeracy skills and competent in the use of Microsoft Excel functions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong diligence
- Strong IT skills, Microsoft Office and competent in the use of IT systems including HR databases
- Confident and professional attitude in the provision of people support services
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build trusted relationships with stakeholders at all levels
- Adept to handling difficult personnel matters
- Excellent telephone manner and attitude to customer service
- Reliable, flexible, and willing to work smart and to learn new skills
- Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative with a positive 'can do’ mentality
- Resilient and able to work calmly during times of pressure and meet deadlines and targets effectively
- Pro-active and excellent collaborator
- CIPD Level 5 qualified or NQF Level 6 qualified within a similar discipline
- Competent understanding of UK Employment Law
- Leading organisational personnel development and CPD
- [Lead] Investigation Officer experience in dealing with disputes at work
- Experience of leading or influencing change including the development of a HR Strategy
- Understanding of regulatory bodies that govern UK Charities
- This Person Specification is illustrative and non-exhaustive in scope. The post-holder may be required to undertake any reasonable tasks as and when required by line manager from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Organisation.
- Deadline for applications is 12th February 2022 however we reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
- Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the closure date unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.