Vacancy Reference Number:
International Support Unit (ISU) Finance and Services Coordinator
Director of International Support Unit
Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
Hours of Work:
Full-time, 35 hours per week
£27,000 – £32,000 (depending on experience)
Terms of Employment:
12-Months’ Fixed-Term Contract (with a 6-Month Probationary Period, Extendable)
Application Process & Closing Date:
Send an up to date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email by no later than 11th JANUARY 2021
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Interviews: As and When Suitable Candidates Identified
Start: ASAP thereafter
- Previous applicant need not apply.
- Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold Skype Interview with Muslim Hands; therefore, please include your Skype ID in your application.
- Muslim Hands reserves the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found ahead of the ‘closing date’ [11th JANUARY 2021].
Muslim Hands is a UK-based international relief organisation working in over 40 countries worldwide. International Support Unit (ISU) support the development of Muslim Hands partner offices in the areas of fundraising and communication, program management, administration and finance and at the outset the unit will focus on the following countries non-exhaustive list Canada France South Africa and the United Kingdom.
- Provide direction and support to the partner offices to develop and implement a financial strategy in line with their organisational strategic aims.
- Work with international partner offices to develop and implement the organisation’s annual budgetary planning. Ensure effective models and tools to enable planning and budget management at all levels.
- Oversee the preparation of the partner offices’ annual budget, monthly management accounts and annual financial accounts.
- Support senior management in creating strategic financial plans for the future through an analysis of the business climate and market trends.
- Ensure that financial policies and practices are in line in statutory regulations and legislation in their respective countries in the partner offices.
- To develop, implement and maintain the operation of financial controls, standards and systems in the partner offices.
- Facilitate day-to-day operations, including tracking financial data, invoicing, payroll, bank statements, and reviews completed monthly bank reconciliations.
- Support to produce and monitor the departmental and annual budget, review cash flow, accounts and other financial transactions for each department within the partner offices.
- Reviews, develop and maintain internal accounting controls and procedures and advise staff on internal controls and accounting policies and procedures in the partner offices.
- Organise monthly budget review meeting and prepare official reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis to present to Director of International Support Unit, Management and Board of Trustees in the partner offices.
- Organise and lead monthly meetings regarding financial performance in the partner offices and ensure all budgets are confirmed and accurate for quarterly presentations to the Management for future decision making.
- Lead financial training for budget holders to enable them to fulfil their responsibilities concerning financial Management.
- Support managers in the partner offices by critically analysing projects budgets, and financial proposals.
- Oversee both internal monitoring and evaluation processes and the external auditing process. Carry out internal checks and audits as needed.
- Assist the Director/Board in preparing and ensuring annual accounts (All MH-internationally registered entities) are instructed.
2. Programme Financial Management
- Support Muslim Hands partner offices to produce program financial reports at regular intervals (monthly, quarterly and annually).
- Oversee the preparation of project budgets and costings as well as project-based accounts.
- Support international offices to develop and implement the programme annual budget to ensure it is in line with the organisation’s financial procedures to deliver projects.
- To support international offices financial transactions to and by MH partners in accordance with MOU and programme funding agreement.
- Support International Offices in presenting financial reports to the Director, Senior Management and Board of Trustees on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
3. Finance Human Resource
- Review, revise and ensure that HR processes and procedures are appropriate within finance teams.
- Support the partner offices to effectively recruit, induct, trained and manage staff in the relevant department.
- Provide regular feedback, training and support throughout the year to create a capable and highly motivated workforce in the partner offices.
4. General Responsibilities
- To demonstrate Muslim Hands’ values and ethics in own working practices, approach and conduct
- To support with Fundraising activities from time-to-time, committing to partake in Live-TV-Appeals during our peak periods [Ramadan, Qurbani and Emergencies].
- To undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by Line Manager
- To promote and adhere to all Muslim Hands Policies, Procedures and Professional Practices
NB: This Job Description is illustrative and non-exhaustive in scope. The post-holder may be required to undertake any reasonable tasks as and when required by Line Manager from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Organisation
Essential Requirements: Qualification and Experience
- Minimum degree level ideally in management/Accountancy or business qualification and membership of appropriate professional body.
- At least 2 years’ experience of working as a finance coordinator within the not for profit sector or Public Authority (Local or National Government
- Experience of managing /assisting financial operations in an organisation or as second-in-command in a larger organisation.
- Experience of leading, managing and motivating non-finance functions such as HR, legal, facilities and administration highly desirable.
Essential Requirements: Skills
- Strong management capabilities with the ability to hire, inspire, and maintain a team of top professionals, interns, and consultants.
- Demonstrated budgeting skills and solid experience in financial systems, with a strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and profit and non-profit accounting and accounting systems.
- Exceptional strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to lead the financial reporting and analysis required to support strategic decision making.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex financial data (both written and verbal), articulate trade-offs, and distil information into clear recommendations for a range of decision-makers.
- Good level of knowledge with audit, compliance and internal control issues, and best practices related to risk management and insurance.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in her/his work, exercising excellent judgment and discretion at all times.
- Strategic thinking and long-range planning skills and proven ability to meet deadlines
- Accomplished at working in an environment that is demanding and fast-paced, where there are sometimes competing needs and limited resources
In addition to which,
- Ability to demonstrate current eligibility to work within the United Kingdom
- Must be able to either:
 Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands;
 Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role.
- Frequent International travel to Partner Offices in Canada, France and South Africa
Please register your interest and apply by sending in your current CV and a suitable covering letter.
Deadline for applications is 11th JANUARY 2021 however we reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
NB: Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by / after the closure date unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.