Vacancy Reference Number:
International Support Unit (ISU) Programme Coordinator
Director of International Support Unit
Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
Hours of Work:
Full-time, 35 hours per week
£27,000 – £32,000 (depending on experience)
Terms of Employment:
12-Months’ Fixed-Term Contract (with a 6-Month Probationary Period, Extendable)
Application Process & Closing Date:
Send an up to date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email by no later than 25th September 2020
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Interviews: As and When Suitable Candidates Identified
Start: ASAP thereafter
- Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold Skype Interview with Muslim Hands; therefore, please include your Skype ID in your application.
- Muslim Hands reserves the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found ahead of the ‘closing date’ [25th September 2020].
Muslim Hands is a UK-based international relief organisation working in over 40 countries worldwide. The Head Office based in Nottingham and a fundraising team based in Whitechapel, London; occasional travel between the two locations will be expected. Muslim Hands UK is seeking an enthusiastic and passionate individual to direct our Programme through an exciting period of growth and change as we have ambitious plans to grow our income in this area by 2020.
The ISU – Programmes Coordinator will be responsible for:
1. Strategy, Planning and Financial Management:
- Deliver the ‘Muslim Hand’s Programme Strategy 2018-2020’ by supporting international offices to ensure the delivery of programmes is in line with the organisation’s strategic aims.
- Plan and review the progress of programme strategy and financial management at regular intervals (monthly, quarterly and annually).
- Ensure all international offices are working in-line with the programme strategy to achieve the organisations agreed long-term goals.
- Support international offices to develop and implement the programme annual budget to ensure it is in line with the organisation’s financial procedures to deliver projects.
- To support international offices financial transactions to and by MH partners in accordance with MOU and programme funding agreement.
- With international offices help develop an effective models and tools to enable planning and writing of programme proposals which comply with the Muslim Hand’s programme guidelines and standards.
2. Support to Senior Management:
- Support international country office senior management in producing programme strategic plans, budgets and new policies for the future of Muslim Hands.
- Support International Offices in presenting programmatic feedback and financial reports to CEO, Senior Management and Board of Trustees on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Advise international country office senior management on the future projects and the viability of obtaining funds to support project initiatives.
- Work with international country office senior management and ensure Muslim Hands programme policies and practices are in line in with the programme standards and local regulations.
3. Programme Management:
- Provide direction to the international country offices programmes team with guidance and support to ensure the effectiveness and positive impact of the programmes implemented, including resources, feedback and additional training when required.
- Collaborate with overseas partners to ensure their strategies are in-line with international country offices programme strategy, and share decision making for maximum benefit to programmes.
- Assist international offices in developing a reporting mechanism to be utilised by the programmes team which includes monitoring, programme delivery and financial reporting.
- Provide support to ensure that country offices effectively use the Muslim Hands software suite (Programme System 3, Qalam, Alpha or any application approved by senior management) for managing budgets, monitoring and coordination of programmes across the organisation.
- Assist international country offices to ensure overseas partners are working in line with partnership’ policies which meet the organisational strategic aims.
- Review and assist the development of partner organizations by providing training, resources and feedback.
- Assist in Developing and implementing a clear communication structure between programme and fundraising departments to provide timely feedback to Muslim Hands’ supporters.
- Provide timely feedback to fundraising department, supporters and stakeholders particularly during emergencies response, Ramadan, Qurbani or any specific campaigns.
- To be versed and familiar with existing changes within the required standards and regulations for INGOs / humanitarian relief, development agencies and local laws (CHS).
4. Humanitarian Response:
- Assist international offices in Developing and implementing a strategy to deliver rapid emergency responses during any disasters and human crisis.
- Support Emergency team in identifying relevant stakeholders for the Emergency Program (UN, NGOs, donor agencies, private sector)
- During emergencies, actively encourage the partners to increased collaboration with agencies, UN Institutions, Donors, Trusts, Foundations, Campaigners and Standardization Organisations.
5. Programme Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEAL):
- Assist in developing a regular process of monitoring and data collection of all Muslim Hand programmes.
- Ensure effective regular monitoring of international programs to evaluate the impact and direction of the programmes.
- Ensure after adequate assessment made by MEAL recommendations are implemented to improve delivery of programs.
- Share recommendations based upon MEAL with all Muslim Hands donors and stakeholders.
6. Staff Management:
- Ensure International office’s Programme staff are trained and follow all policies and procedures.
- Undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by line manager and adhere to all Muslim Hands Policy.
- Ensure effective management of team’s time keeping and attendance though tools provided ie Clock-rite and E-days as an example.
7. General Responsibilities
- To demonstrate Muslim Hands’ values and ethics in own working practices, approach and conduct
- To support with Fundraising activities from time-to-time, committing to partake in approximately 5-Live-TV-Appeals during our peak periods.
- To undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by Line Manager
- To promote and adhere to all Muslim Hands Policies, Procedures and Professional Practices
NB: This Job Description is illustrative and non-exhaustive in scope. The post-holder may be required to undertake any reasonable tasks as and when required by Line Manager from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Organisation
Person specification: -
Qualification and Experience
· Minimum degree level qualification
· At least 2 years’ experience of working in a similar role
· Experience in a nonprofit organization is desirable
· Exceptional strategic thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to lead the program reporting and analysis required to support strategic decision making.
· Ability to effectively communicate complex information (both written and verbal), articulate trade-offs, and distil information into clear recommendations for a range of decision-makers.
· Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in her/his work, exercising excellent judgment and discretion at all times.
· Accomplished at working in an environment that is demanding and fast-paced, where there are sometimes competing needs and limited resources
- Ability to demonstrate current eligibility to work within the United Kingdom
- Must be able to either:
Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands;
Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role.
• Able to travel internationally frequently to partner offices in Canada, France, USA and South Africa
Please register your interest and apply by sending in your current CV and a suitable covering letter.
Deadline for applications is 25th September 2020 however we reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
NB: Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the closure date unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.