Position Title: Major Giving Assistant Manager
Reports to: Head of Major Giving
Location: Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
OR Muslim Hands UK, 595-597 Commercial Road, London, E1 0HJ
Hours of Work: Full-time, 35 hours per week
Salary guideline: (Up to) £32,000.00 per annum (commensurate with experience)
Terms of Employment: 12-Months’ Fixed-Term Contract (with a 6-Month Probationary Period, Renewable and Extendable)
Application Process & Closing Date: Send an up to date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email by no later than 31st October 2021
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Interviews: As and when suitable applicants identified.
Start: ASAP thereafter
Note: Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold an Interview either an 'In Person', via Telephone or via 'Zoom' with Muslim Hands; therefore, please include your Telephone Contact details within your application and also familiarise yourself with Zoom Meetings in good time.
We have an exciting opportunity to join a small but successful fundraising team to play a fundraising role in maximising funding and donations from individual donors, group of donors, philanthropists, trusts, especially from foundations and businesses.
We are looking for someone who can build strong relationships with our existing donors while bringing new ideas and approaches to support the long-term income growth strategy of the Major Giving department.
With a track record in securing significant donations and high value gifts. You must have experience of developing excellent relationships with donors especially with business and foundations.
If you would like to make a real difference in the lives of poor and needy by raising funds to build large water wells, Masjids, Livelihoods, Food and health projects, we look forward to hearing from you, In-sha-Allah.
- To develop and deliver strategy that significantly increases income from corporations and Foundations.
- Proactive and thorough research of businesses and companies and trusts, consistently developing the charity’s pipeline and initiating new and long-lasting relationships.
- Work with Head of Major Giving department to develop new project templates, monitoring & Evaluation that demonstrate impact of funding.
- Manage multiple proposals, reports and relationship required to deadlines.
- Work closely and effectively with Major Giving team and global implementing partners.
- To demonstrate Muslim Hands’ values and ethics in own working practices, approach and conduct
- To support with Fundraising activities from time-to-time, committing to partake in Live-TV-Appeals during our peak periods.
- To undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by Line Manager
- To promote and adhere to all Muslim Hands Policies, Procedures and Professional Practice
NB: This Job Description is illustrative and non-exhaustive in scope. The post-holder may be required to undertake any reasonable tasks as and when required by Line Manager from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Organisation.
- Must be able to either:
- Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands; OR
- Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role.
- Educated to degree level or above.
- Good communicator and presenter.
- Self-reliance with good writing skills.
- Honest and willing to travel to meet donors and work flexible hours.
- Excellent IT skills, including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
If you feel this is you please send your CV with a cover letter explaining why you feel you are suitable for this opening – Remember to quote the reference number above!!
Deadline for applications is 31st October 2021 however we reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.