Manager to CEO
Muslim Hands, 148 — 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
Hours of work:
Full-time, 35 hours per week
£28,000 – £32,000 (depending on experience)
Terms of Employment:
12-Months' Fixed-Term Contract (with a 6-Month Probationary Period, Extendable)
Application Process & Closing Date:
Send an up to date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email by no later than 30th September 2019
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Interviews: W/C 7th October 2019
Start: ASAP thereafter
- Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold skype Interview with Muslim Hands; therefore, please include your Skype is in your application.
- Muslim Hands reserves the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
Muslim Hands is a UK-based international relief organisation working in over 40 countries worldwide.
The Manager to the CEO will be based at Muslim Hands headquarters Nottingham, the purpose of the role is to provide full administrative and secretarial support at a management level to the CEO. The Manager will be there to ensure daily time management, scheduling of meetings and correspondence, travelling with the CEO and providing administrative support such as documenting, reporting and disbursement control. Furthermore, the employee will handle sensitive and complex issues in a professional and objective manner. Take the initiative when appropriate, especially in the CEO's absence. The Manager will be expected to travel between the Muslim Hands partner offices frequently.
As a Manager to the CEO you will be responsible for:
- Providing administrative management of effective communication with supporting offices.
- Produce monthly reports of CEO's monitoring activities and assist in developing future KPIs for the CEO
- Process correspondence, ensuring that incoming correspondence is dealt with by the CEO or on behalf of the CEO, or other staff as appropriate.
- Booking and arranging travel including flight booking, accommodations and visa according to the organisation's travel policy.
- Manage arrangements for Trustees' and Sub-Committee meetings, including production/distribution of agenda and papers.
- Co-ordinate ad-hoc meetings and conference calls including meeting preparations for the CEO when required - often at short notice.
- Manage the CEO's office in developing, implementing and monitoring the organisational strategy.
- Manage the process of following up agreed action on matters which fail within the director's responsibility - chasing responses, triggering follow-up action.
- Typing, compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence
- Acting as the first point of contact: when dealing with correspondence and phone calls
- Managing the diary and organising meetings and appointments for the CEO
- Liaise with stakeholders, national and international staff confidently either face to face, video conferencing or via the telephone as and when necessary and required.
- Demonstrate and promote adherence to all Muslim Hands Policies, which encourage and support other members within the overseas fundraising offices.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality with regard to the organisation's information and procedures
- Any other duties that may reasonably be required by the CEO.
Essential for the postholder to:
- Demonstrate eligibility to work in the UK Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Demonstrate Personal / Professional experience that of overseas travel and out of office hours working
- Demonstrate working knowledge/experience of electronic diary management.
- Fluent in English and Urdu
- Demonstrate working knowledge, experience of Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, at all levels both internally and externally.
- Demonstrate working knowledge / experience of organisational skills and the ability to plan own work
- Demonstrate working knowledge / experience of being responsible for paying attention to detail, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy
- A flexible, pro-active approach to work, including the ability to prioritise and re-prioritise
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrate working knowledge / experience of Excellent IT skills, including presentation software packages, preferably Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Desirable for the postholder to:
- Demonstrate ability to work on own initiative
- Possess direct experience undertaking similar duties as described above
- Possess satisfactory experience within an international NGO/Charity Organisation
- Fluent in Arabic in addition to the language requirements above
- Possess ability to effectively communicate in additional languages.
Please register your interest and apply by sending in your current CV and a suitable covering letter.
Deadline for applications is 30th September 2019 however we reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
NB: Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the closure date unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.