Vacancy Reference Number:
Director of Programmes
Muslim Hands, 148 – 164 Gregory Boulevard, Gregory House, Nottingham, NG7 5JE
Hours of Work:
Full-time, 35 hours per week
(Up to) £23,000.00 per annum (commensurate with experience)
Terms of Employment:
12-Months’ Fixed-Term Contract (with a 3-Month Probationary Period)
Application Process & Closing Date:
Send an up to date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email by no later than 3rd November 2020
Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Interviews: W/C 9th & 16th November 2020
Start: ASAP thereafter
Note: Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold Interview via ZOOM with Muslim Hands; therefore, please ensure you have familiarity with the ZOOM Meetings App.
Work closely with the MEL and Child Safeguarding officer, thematic leads and Country Offices to ensure that both MEL and Safeguarding issues are addressed during the various stages of project management.
Within MEL you will support in development and implementation of strategies, focusing on MEL procedures, Tools and Quality Assurance. Alongside you will work closely with the MEL and Child Safeguarding officer and programs director to support them in development and implementation of MEL systems, policies and procedures within the organization. The role will also help to ensure that MEL structures are in place and programmes fit and feed relevant data into the programme’s strategy.
Within Safeguarding you will support in development and implementation of the safeguarding strategy, ensuring the Safeguarding issues and risks are addressed by all stakeholders within all programmes. You will support the implementation of Safeguarding policies and ensure all our programmes and staff adhere to these policies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning:
- Support development and management of strategies & frameworks.
- Assist MEL and Child Safeguarding officer to identify gaps and develop & implement relevant MEL policies, reporting systems, tools and templates for programmes including data collection, analysis and project indicators
- Support in carrying out internal/external assessments and evaluations as and when required
- Support to develop and manage MEL reporting structures
- Support relevant program teams with project design, proposal development including development of log frames, indicators, data collection and management.
- Support in the development of Quality Assurance structures including reporting and monitoring activities.
- Promote a learning culture across MH worldwide and support in development, Implementation & management of Learning tools and conducting review reflection sessions as and when required.
- Support MEL team in conducting training and capacity building activities for the relevant program teams within MH UK and partner offices.
- Support the MEL team with resolution and management of complaints and feedback received by MH UK and help to ensure the establishment of complaint and feedback mechanism at partners’ level.
- Any other duties as and when required.
- Support MEL and Child Safeguarding officer & programs director in ensuring the implementation of the Safeguarding policies across operational and programmatic interventions by coordinating with partner offices and relevant safeguarding focal points as and when required.
- Support relevant program teams with the development of safeguarding risk assessments for projects and programs as & when required.
- Support MEL and Child Safeguarding officer with capacity building of relevant program teams on safeguarding within MH UK and globally as and when required.
- Support the MEL and Child Safeguarding officer with Safeguarding case management as and when required.
- To demonstrate Muslim Hands’ values and ethics in their working practices, approach and conduct
- To support with Fundraising activities from time-to-time, committing to partake in Live-TV-Appeals during our peak periods.
- To undertake any reasonable responsibilities as required by Line Manager
- To promote and adhere to all Muslim Hands Policies, Procedures and Professional Practices
Note: This Job Description is illustrative and non-exhaustive in scope. The post-holder may be required to undertake any reasonable tasks as and when required by the line manager from time to time to reflect the changing needs of the Organisation
- Ability to demonstrate current eligibility to work within the United Kingdom
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Understanding of child safeguarding procedures practice within developing countries
- Understanding of monitoring tools and research methods
- Must be able to either:
- Provide a valid Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) certificate (issued within the last year) when requested by Muslim Hands, OR
- Undertake to provide full cooperation for Muslim Hands to perform a DBS Check at the required level appropriate for this / similar role.
- Monitoring and evaluation experience
- Relevant Degree or other Academic qualification
- Experience of working in an international organisation
- Managing complex information and the ability to question and present information in an understandable and approachable manner
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.