Personal Assistant to Director of International Support Unit (ISU)
- Vacancy Reference Number: PAISU/ISU/UK-R2
- Salary: 22000 – 24000 (depending on experience)
- Location: Nottingham
- Job Type: 1-year fixed contract (extendable)
- Category: Management
- Sectors : International Development
- Application Process & Closing Date: Send an up to date CV and supporting Covering Letter by Email by no later than 3rd November 2021
- Approx. Interview & Role Commencement Date(s):
Start: ASAP thereafter
Note: Strong Applicants may be contacted sooner, ahead of the closing date, to hold interviews via ZOOM.
Muslim Hands is a UK-based international relief organisation working in over 40 countries worldwide. International Support Unit (ISU) support the development of Muslim Hands partner offices in the areas of fundraising and communication, program management, administration and finance and at the outset the unit will focus on the following countries non-exhaustive list Canada France South Africa and the United Kingdom.
Personal Assistant to Director will be based at Muslim Hands headquarters Nottingham, the purpose of the role is to provide full administrative and secretarial support at a senior level to the Director of the international support unit. The personal assistant will be at the heart of the international support unit to ensure the smooth daily time management, scheduling of meetings and correspondence, further handle sensitive and complex issues in a professional and objective manner. Take the initiative when appropriate, especially in the Director’s absence. The PA will be expected to travel between the Muslim Hands partner offices frequently.
As a Personal Assist to ISU Director, you will be responsible for:
- Provide administrative assistance to maintain effective communication with supporting offices.
- Produce monthly reports of all the supporting offices and assist in developing future KPIs for the ISU team.
- Process correspondence, ensuring that incoming correspondence is dealt with by the director/or on behalf of the director, or other staff as appropriate.
- Booking and arranging travel including flight booking, accommodations and visa according to the organisation’s travel policy.
- Manage arrangements for Trustees’ and Sub-Committee meetings, including production/distribution of agenda and papers.
- Co-ordinate ad-hoc meetings and conference calls including meeting preparations for the director when required - often at short notice.
- Assist the ISU director in developing, implementing and monitoring the ISU strategy.
- Assist director in following up agreed action on matters which fall within the director’s responsibility – chasing responses, triggering follow-up action.
- Typing, compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence
- Acting as the first point of contact: when dealing with correspondence and phone calls
- Managing the diary and organising meetings and appointments for the ISU Director
- Liaise with stakeholders, national and international staff confidently either face to face, video conferencing or via the telephone as and when necessary and required.
- Demonstrate and promote adherence to all Muslim Hands’ Policies, which encourage and support other members within the overseas fundraising offices.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality with regard to the organisation's information and procedures
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required by the director.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Preferred experienced Personal Assistant at senior management level.
- Willingness for overseas travel and out of office hours working.
- Experience of electronic diary management.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, to enable professional interaction with a wide range of contacts, both internal and external offices.
- Ability to organise and plan own work.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- A flexible, pro-active approach to work, including the ability to prioritise and re-prioritise.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent IT skills, including a working knowledge of presentation software packages, preferably Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
This is a very rewarding position for the right person. If you feel this is you please send your CV with a cover letter explaining why you feel you are suitable quoting the above reference number!!
Deadline for applications is 3rd November 2021 however we reserve the right to end the application procedure early should the right candidate be found.
NB: Unfortunately, we will only be able to contact successful candidates so if you have not heard from us by the closure date unfortunately your application will have been unsuccessful.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.